Amazon has unified
its European marketplaces - Amazon UK, Amazon France, Amazon Germany, Amazon Italy, and Amazon Spain - enabling sellers to manage listings and orders from one portal. While inventory is shared across all marketplaces, creating offers in the first European marketplace does not automatically populate offers in the other European marketplaces; you will need to create offers in each of the marketplaces where you want them.
There is a similar unification for North America - Amazon US, Mexico, Canada.
Configuring SellerCloud with Amazon Unified Accounts
- The following client settings should be enabled under Settings > Client Settings:
Predict FBA Order company based on sales channel
Predict Amazon Order company based on sales channel
Predict Amazon settlement company based on sales channel
- Create a company or integrate an existing company with the default country account. This will be considered the "parent company". In most cases, this will be the US or UK accounts. Instructions to integrate an Amazon account can be found here.
- The setting "This is Amazon unified account parent company" should be enabled on the Amazon General Settings page of this company.
- Create additional companies, one for each country marketplace in the Unified account. These will be considered the "children companies". For example, with a European unified account, you would create a company for marketplaces, DE, IT, FR, and ES.
- Integrate each of these companies with their corresponding marketplace. You will use the same "Merchant ID", "Marketplace Access Key", and "Marketplace Associate Key" as used for the parent company account (step 1 above). Only the Amazon Marketplace ID will vary for each child company. These can be retrieved here.
- In the field "Unified account parent company" for each child company, the parent company should be selected from the drop-down. For example, if UK is the parent company, this should be selected in this field for all children companies.
On all parent and children companies, the correct country code and currency should be set on the general settings page under Settings > company.
- The currency will be set according the the order's originating country. Like all international orders, the P&L tab will display the foreign currency and its conversion into US dollars. The daily base rate is used.
- Enable "Allow Fullfillment Upload" on all parent and children companies.
- Your Unified account configuration will determine how inventory updates should be managed.
- For most unified accounts, Amazon will automatically take MFN inventory from the parent account and share it to listings on the children accounts. If this is is the case, you only need to configure your items in the company where the parent account is integrated, and "Allow Inventory Update" only needs to be enabled for the parent account.
- If you need to update inventory individually per country, you may need to create shadows into the companies integrated with each child account. You can use the Amazon Merchant SKU field to map the SKU per country to the products in SellerCloud. In this case,
Amazon Unified Marketplaces for FBA
For EU Unified accounts, Amazon offers 3 international fulfillment programs: European Fulfillment Network (EFN), Pan-European FBA, and Multi-Country Inventory (MCI).
- EFN - Inventory is stored in an Amazon fulfillment center under a single local marketplace account. Amazon will fulfill orders from any other Amazon European marketplace by shipping cross-border from the location at which your products are stored. For example, when a customer in Germany purchases your product on Amazon.de, the product is fulfilled by Amazon UK FBA and shipped from your inventory pool in the U.K. You will be charged Cross border fees.
- PAN-EU - Similar to EFN, Inventory is stored at an Amazon fulfillment center in one country, for example UK. However, you list the products on all five European marketplaces. Amazon will ship the items to anywhere in Europe. Cross borders fees will not be applied.
- MCI - Inventory is stored throughout Europe. Orders are fulfilled from the location closest to the Ship To address, which reduces fulfillment time.
Read more about FBA for cross-border fulfillment in Europe here
SellerCloud can support either option. when creating an FBA inbound shipment, you can select the "Ship To Country" regardless of where the "Ship From Country" is located.
On the FBA Inbound Shipment
, select Edit
from the action menu. Then change the "Ship To" country to the country of your choice.