Amazon Unified Marketplace Accounts
Amazon has unified its European marketplaces - Amazon UK, Amazon France, Amazon Germany, Amazon Italy, and Amazon Spain - enabling sellers to manage listings and orders from one portal.
While inventory is shared across all marketplaces, creating offers in the first European marketplace does not automatically populate offers in the other European marketplaces; you must create offers in each of the marketplaces where you want them. A similar unification exists for North America - Amazon US, Mexico, Canada.
Configuring SellerCloud with Amazon Unified Accounts
- Enable the following Settings > Client Settings:
- Predict FBA Order company based on sales channel
- Predict Amazon Order company based on sales channel
- Predict Amazon settlement company based on sales channel
- Create a company or integrate an existing company with the default country account. This is the "parent company." In most cases, this will be the US or UK accounts. Follow these instructions to integrate an Amazon account.
- In the company's Toolbox > Amazon Settings > General Setting > Enable the setting This is Amazon unified account parent company.
**If you do not see this, please submit a ticket to SellerCloud Support to enable the setting "EnableAmazonUnifiedAccounts" in the backend.
- Create additional companies, one for each country marketplace in the Unified account. These are the "children companies." For example, with a European unified account, you create a company for marketplaces, DE, IT, FR, and ES.
- Integrate each of these companies with their corresponding marketplace. Use the same Merchant ID, Marketplace Access Key, and Marketplace Associate Key used for the parent company account. Only the Amazon Marketplace ID, which you can find here, will vary for each child company.
- From the Unified account parent company dropdown field of each child company, choose the parent company from the list. For example, if UK is the parent company, this should be selected in this field for all children companies.
- For all parent and children companies, set the correct country code and currency on main settings page:
- The currency will be set according the the order's originating country. Like all international orders, the P&L tab will show the foreign currency and its conversion into US dollars. The daily base rate is used.
- Enable Allow Fullfillment Upload on all parent and children companies (under Amazon Settings > General Settings).
- Your Unified account configuration will determine how inventory updates should be managed:
- For most unified accounts, Amazon will automatically take MFN inventory from the parent account and share it to listings on the children accounts. In this case, you only have to configure your items in the company where the parent account is integrated, and Allow Inventory Update only needs enabling for the parent account (under Amazon Settings > General Settings)
- If you need to update inventory individually per country, you may need to create shadows into the companies integrated with each child account. You can use the Amazon Merchant SKU field to map the SKU per country to the products in SellerCloud.
Amazon Unified Marketplaces for FBA
For EU Unified accounts, Amazon offers 3 international fulfillment programs:
- European Fulfillment Network (EFN - Inventory is stored in an Amazon fulfillment center under a single local marketplace account. Amazon will fulfill orders from any other Amazon European marketplace by shipping cross-border from the location at which your products are stored. For example, when a customer in Germany purchases your product on Amazon.de, the product is fulfilled by Amazon UK FBA and shipped from your inventory pool in the U.K. You will be charged cross-border fees.
- PAN-European FBA (PAN-EU) - Similar to EFN, inventory is stored at an Amazon fulfillment center in one country; for example, UK. However, you list the products on all five European marketplaces. Amazon will ship the items anywhere in Europe. Cross-borders fees will not be applied.
- Multi-Country Inventory (MCI) - Inventory is stored throughout Europe. Orders are fulfilled from the location closest to the Ship To address, which reduces fulfillment time.
Read more about FBA for cross-border fulfillment in Europe.
SellerCloud can support any option. When creating an FBA inbound shipment, you can select the "Ship To Country" regardless of where the "Ship From Country" is located. On the FBA Inbound Shipment, select Edit from the action menu, then change the "Ship To" country to the country of your choice.