Google Shopping Actions Integration
Prerequisite: To advertise products on Google, you must first become eligible.
Message from Google: "The program is invitation-only in that we vet and whitelist every merchant upfront, but all of your sellers are invited and are welcome to start the onboarding process. As long as we verify them as a real business and they have products that meet our policies, they're welcome to join."
Onboarding to Shopping Actions
This procedure comprises numerous configuration steps that will require completion in both SellerCloud and in the Google Merchant Center.
- In SellerCloud, click Company Settings > Toolbox > Google Express.
- Select Google Express Enabled > Save Settings. This is required for 2 reasons:
- For your account to go live when you are ready
- To configure your products' Google Express properties in Step #4
- Create a shipping template for Google Express. Note: A shipping template is a prerequisite for Step #4.
- Configure your products' Google Express properties.
- Log into your Google Merchant Center and copy your Merchant ID from the upper left corner. This is the unique numeric code assigned to you when you set up your payments profile.
- In SellerCloud, go to your Company Settings > Toolbox > Google Express > paste the copied Merchant ID into the Merchant ID field.
- Perform the following 2 steps:
- Enter your Shopping Actions URL in the Redirect URL field. The correct URL format appears right below this field for guidance.
- Click Action Menu > Fetch Token > Go to populate the Auth Token field.Note: The token expires in 60 minutes, but seamlessly auto-refreshes each hour after you initially authorize it.
- Complete the following 3 settings:
- Safety Qty - Set a default safety quantity
- Default Max Handling Time - Enter the maximum amount of time from when the order is placed until the order will be shipped
- Default Min Handling Time - Enter the minimum amount of time from when the order is placed until the order will be shipped
- Return to your Merchant Center. To make the following configuration steps even easier, let Shopping Actions guide you through the required pages and settings. Show me how!
- Choose a product feed that you would like to sell through Shopping Actions. Show me.
- Set up proper user roles. Required roles are Payments manager, Order manager, and Admin. Show me.
Also see this Google Merchant Center Support Quickstart article.
- Upload branding. Show me. Also see this Google Merchant Center Quickstart article.
- Set up tax settings. Show me. Also see this Google Merchant Center Quickstart article.
- Set up returns policies. Show me. Be sure to enter at least one policy and one returns address. Also see this Google Merchant Center Quickstart article.
- Set up payments (will require the Payment manager user role). Show me. Also see this Google Merchant Center Quickstart article.
- Configure these settings to complete onboarding. Show me.
- Customer Service Contact Email
- Marketing Settings
- When you are ready to go live: Return to SellerCloud's Company Settings > Toolbox > Google Express > and select these settings:
- Enable Order Download - Only select when you are ready to ship orders. This automatically imports Google Express orders.
- Enable Inventory Upload - Only select this when your inventory is accurate for listings.
- Enable Auto Acknowledge Orders - Select this to automatically acknowledge orders
- Enable Order Return Download
- Click Save Settings.
- Submit the account for review. Generally, this takes about a week, but may be longer if Google lacks all their required information. Watch for emails from Google Support.
- In the Merchant Center, review Product Approvals and Disapprovals.
- Verify your offers live on Google.
- Verify that orders are coming in via the Orders tab in the Merchant Center and in SellerCloud.
- Optimize your estimated Delivery Dates (handling time + shipping).
- Review your retailer standards and make adjustments, if needed. See this Google Merchant Center Quickstart article.
- Enable promotions for % off discounts, promo codes, $ off discounts, and quantity discounts. To start the process, complete this Merchant Promotions Interest Form. After approval, create individual promotions or use a promotion feed.
- Competitive pricing and expanded assortment are key to growing your business. Use Shopping Actions insights reporting to see how competitive your products are and determine which products to add to your assortment. Learn more about Shopping Actions Insights.