Setting up the API to connect to your Shopify store
SellerCloud is now a Shopify App. This allows you to easily connect your SellerCloud account using the SellerCloud Shopify App
page. If you use this page follow thru the set up on shopify. Then continue with step 7.
If you'd like, you can connect with original method of connecting by fetching a token through SellerCloud. Begin with step 1 below.
- Navigate Company Settings > Toolbox > Website > General.
- Select Shopify from the "Store Type" drop down.
- Open the toolbox again and select Website > Integrated Website. This menu item will only display when an integrated website, like Shopify, has been selected.
- Press the Shopify General Settings tab.
- Place the unique website url into the "Website URL" field. The suffix ".myshopify.com" should not be entered as it's already provided. The website url can be obtained from the "Domains" page on your Shopify admin portal.
- Open Action Menu and click Get Token.
- Check Enable Fraud Check, if preferred. This will pull in Shopify's order Risk Analysis and place flagged orders on hold. It's worthwhile to create a saved search for such order and display on your dashboard. That will allow to to more easily monitor and manage such orders.
- Save your settings.
Import Shopify Listings
If you already have products on Shopify, you will need to import them into SellerCloud before going live. This is because the Shopify WebsiteProductIDVariantID must be applied to a product in SellerCloud for the product to sync inventory and price with Shopify. (When posting a new product, SellerCloud will make an API call for the "Variant ID".)
- Website > Integrated Website > Shopify General Settings.
- Open the action menu and select Download Listings. Press Go.
- Select a date range. This a range of when products were created on Shopify.
- This will export a file of all current listings with their variant IDs.
- Navigate Inventory > Import Product Info. Import the products using the Shopify product import plugin. This plugin may need to be placed on your server by SellerCloud Support.
Set Defaults and Enable Automatic Controls
- Go back to Website > General.
- Set a default safety quantity if desired. Read about safety quantity here.
- Set a default qty, if applicable. This is the default qty for replenishable products. Read about replenishable product here.
- Enable Allow Order Download limit if there are existing shipped orders in Shopify. Select an order limit date. This will prevent order before that date from downloading into SellerCloud
- Enable Allow Order Downloads and Allow Tracking Upload.
- Enable Allow New Product Upload to post new products.
- Enable Allow Inventory Upload when you are ready to have SellerCloud control inventory on Shopify. Be aware that products which are not Shopify enabled will be updated with a qty of zero.