Shopify Store Integration Overview
Integrating your Shopify store with SellerCloud comprises 3 short procedures explained in this topic:
- Configure the API to connect to your Shopify store.
- Required before going live: If you have listings on Shopify, import them into SellerCloud.
- Set the defaults and enable automatic controls.
Configuring the API to connect to your Shopify store
- Click Company Settings > Toolbox > Website > General.
- In the Store Type dropdown field, select "Shopify." You will return to this page later to set the defaults and controls.
- Reopen Toolbox > Website > SellerCloud Integrated Website > Shopify General. (This Toolbox item only appears if you selected an integrated website (e.g., Shopify) in Step #2.)
- Copy the unique Shopify website URL from your Shopify admin portal's Domains page, and enter it into the Website URL field. Do NOT enter the suffix ".myshopify.com" - it is already provided after the field.
- Ensure that Enable Shopify Locations is checked > Save.
- Click Action Menu > Get Token > Go.
- Optional: Select Enable Fraud Check to pull in Shopify's order Risk Analysis and place flagged orders on hold. Creating a saved search is recommended for such orders; showing these orders on your dashboard lets you easily monitor and manage these orders.
- Click Save.
- Concerning Shopify locations, proceed as follows:
- If you have Shopify locations - Map them to your SellerCloud warehouses
- If you do not have Shopify locations - Learn more here and then create them in Shopify (following their instructions).
Import Shopify listings to SellerCloud
Before going live! If you have products on Shopify, you must import these listings into SellerCloud. Why? Shopify's WebsiteProductIDVariantID must be applied to a product in SellerCloud in order for it to sync the inventory and price with Shopify. (When posting a new product, SellerCloud will make an API call for the "Variant ID.")
- Click Toolbox > Website > SellerCloud Integrated Website > Shopify General.
- Click Action Menu > Download Listings > Go.
- Select a date range when the products were created on Shopify > Download Listings. This produces a queued job that exports a file of all current Shopify listings with their variant IDs. Click on the job number to open the Job Details page where you monitor the job and ensure its successful completion.
- When the job is done, click the .xlsx file on the Job Details page to download it to your device.
- In SellerCloud, click Inventory > Import Product Info.
- In the Select Plugin field > choose Shopify Product Import, then click Choose File to find and select the downloaded file of Shopify listings.
- Click Import Products Info.
This creates a queued job; click on the job number to monitor it for successful completion.
Setting the defaults and automatic controls
- Click Toolbox > Website > General > choose the settings as follows:
- If desired: Set a default Website Safety Qty. Learn more about safety quantity.
- If applicable: Set a Website Default Qty for replenishable products. Learn more about replenishable products.
- Enable Order Download Limit - If there are existing shipped orders in Shopify, select this setting, and then to prevent orders before that date from downloading into SellerCloud, choose an Order Download Limit Date.
- Select Allow Order Download and Allow Tracking Upload.
- Allow New Product Upload - Select this to post new products.
- Allow Inventory Upload - Select when you are ready to have SellerCloud control inventory on Shopify. Be aware that products that are not Shopify-enabled will be updated with a quantity of zero!