Typically, the average cost of a product gets adjusted when a purchase order is received.
However, receiving a PO will only account for the purchasing costs. A PO does not account for external costs related to the product, like production costs, molds, artwork, etc.
These costs can be added manually to adjust the average cost of a product.
For example, if there are 100 units in stock at $444 each and an adjustment of 5000 for artwork is added, it will result in an average cost of $494. See below options to distribute or apply to each unit.
Please note: This tool adds adjustment amounts, which will then be recalculated for an average cost. To reset an average cost to a specified value, contact SellerCloud Support to prime the average cost.
Adjust Average Cost
- Enable client setting Enable Average Cost Adjustments.
- On the Product Home page, locate the Average Cost field and press on the hyperlinked value to pop up the Average Cost detail page. The average cost movement are recorded here.
- At the top left enter the adjustment amount. Adjustments can be a positive or negative values.
- Adjustment Options:
Enter a reason. e.g. "Artwork".Press Add Adjustment. The average cost will be recalculated to include the adjustment. The adjustment will be recorded on the grid as Avg_Cost_Adjustment.
- Check Amount is per unit adjustment to apply the adjustment amount to each unit currently in inventory. For example, if you have 100 in stock with Average Cost = 100, and you add adjustment for 10, the result will be Average Cost = 110
- Leave unchecked to distribute the adjustment amount equally across all current inventory of this product. For example, if you have 100 in stock with Average Cost = 100, and you add adjustment for 10, the result will be Average Cost = 100.10 (10/100 = 0.1)
Import Average Costs Adjustments
- Enable client setting - Enable Average cost adjustments.
- Average cost adjustments can be added to multiple products in bulk through a file import.
- Navigate Inventory > Import Product Info > Import Product Average Cost Adjustments.
- Download the template. Delete sample data.
- Populate column as explained above. Use values TRUE or False in IsAmountPerUnit column.
- Save and import file.