Adjusting Average Costs
Adjust Average Cost
- Enable client setting Enable Average Cost Adjustments.
- On the Product Summary, find the Average Cost field and click the hyperlinked value to open the Average Cost detail. The average cost movement are recorded here.
- At the top left enter the adjustment amount. Adjustments can be a positive or negative values.
- Adjustment Options:
- Check Amount is per unit adjustment to apply the adjustment amount to each unit currently in inventory. For example, if you have 100 in stock with Average Cost = 100, and you add adjustment for 10, the result will be Average Cost = 110
- Leave unchecked to distribute the adjustment amount equally across all current inventory of this product. For example, if you have 100 in stock with Average Cost = 100, and you add adjustment for 10, the result will be Average Cost = 100.10 (10/100 = 0.1)
Import Average Costs Adjustments
- Enable client setting - Enable Average cost adjustments.
- Average cost adjustments can be added to multiple products in bulk through a file import.
- Navigate Inventory > Import Product Info > Import Product Average Cost Adjustments.
- Download the template. Delete sample data.
- Populate column as explained above. Use values TRUE or False in IsAmountPerUnit column.
- Save and import file.