To enable and set up drop shipping, configure the settings below:
- Client Settings > Auto create PO when DropShip requested. This will create a purchase order for the vendor upon requesting a DropShip. This will not send the PO to the vendor.
- Under Settings > Company Settings > Toolbox > Shipping, check DropShip < Requested. Then click DropShip = None. These options will prevent all dropshipped orders - both manual and pending - from being processed through ShipBridge.
It is necessary to establish a template by which to communicate DropShip requests to a vendor.
- Under Company Settings > Email Templates > Add New Template.
- Complete the email headings and enter your message in the email body. For titles that will change based on customer product, order, etc.... choose the appropriate place holders. The holders will pull the corresponding info from the order you are requesting DropShip.(Click here for more information on place holders in email templates.)
- Save email template.
The next step is to link that email template with the vendor.
- Under Company Settings > Company > Toolbox > Vendors.
- Click on a vendor you wish to establish a DropShip and select DropShip Preferences.
- Select the template from the drop-down menu.
- Select an Export Format
- You can enter a DropShip fee to be added to the purchase order.
- Save your settings.