Locations and Stations
It important to know which computer was used to ship an order and which employee shipped it. This information can be used to reprint a label or troubleshoot a shipping problem.
To keep track of order shipping, you can set a shipping station location to identify from where it was shipped.
You can also open the order history to determine under which employee login the order was handled.
Warehouses can also be associated with locations for inventory movement. Orders shipped from that location will deduct inventory from the associated warehouse.
Locations and stations can be set in SellerCloud under Settings > Locations.
- Click Add New Location.
- Enter a location name; for example, New Jersey.
- Select a Warehouse if you want to associate the warehouse for inventory reductions. This requires enabling a setting in ShipBridge as well; see below.
- Add a comment, if desired.
- Save. Each location will be assigned an ID that can be used for identification along with the location name.
- Select the location from the grid and a station drop-down will appear.
- Enter as many stations names as needed and click Add Station. Each station will be assigned an ID that can be used for identification along with the station name.
Next, you must assign each location and station to a different computer:
- Open ShipBridge.
- Open Menu > Options.
- Under the General tab, find the Location and Station fields and select desired values.
- To associate inventory reductions from a station to a specific warehouse, open the Shipping tab and enable the setting When using multiple warehouses, deduct inv qty from proper warehouse (based on location).
- To print the warehouse address as the return address, go to Menu > Options > Shipping. Enable Use Warehouse Address.
Every order that is shipped from an assigned computer will have the location and station referenced on the Order Detail page.
The bottom of the order detail page has a Show History button. Clicking it opens the Order Change History logging every action applied to the order, including the employee login and time.