Delay Tracking Upload
By default, after an order is shipped, the tracking information is uploaded to the channel periodically (if the fulfillment upload setting is enabled on the channels' General Settings page). The upload feed typically occurs every hour.
However, some channels do not allow you to update the order until it has been picked up by the carrier. This is done to avoid confusion where the customer will click on the tracking link, only to see that it has not yet been picked up.
SellerCloud provides 3 options to delay the tracking upload:
- Delay the time to send tracking to a channel to a specific time. For example, if your orders will be picked up by the evening, you can set to delay the tracking upload until after 8pm.
- Delay tracking upload by a specific number of hours.
- Delay by a specific time, but add a condition that a minimum amount time must pass from the time of shipping to include an order in the tracking feed. This is useful when you are still printing labels after your orders have been picked up. For example, suppose you set 8 PM and minimum is 1 hour. Now, you ship an item at 7:15 PM. The order will wait until the next day at 8 PM to be included in the tracking upload feed.
Setting is client-wide per channel.
Setting a delayed tracking
- Navigate Settings > Order Delayed Tracking Settings.
- Locate the desired channel.
- Setting a time - Use the time picker or enter a time in the Delay Tracking Time column. Leave the Min Hours to Wait column blank.
- Setting a number of hours' delay - Enter the hour figure in the Min Hours to Wait column. Leave the Delay Tracking Time column blank.
- Setting a minimum wait time as a condition - Select a time and enter a minute value. For example, 60 (for 1 hour).