Kit Assembly Work Orders
Assembling a kit is the process of transferring quantities of a kit component to a kit parent.
With Sellercloud, you can create a kit assembly work order that gives your Skustack users clear "how-to" instructions on manually assembling a kit in your warehouse, which you can print out to a PDF file.
The process of adding a kit assembly work order is easy in Sellercloud!
- Add the products manually or upload them through a bulk-import.
- Choose the warehouse.
- Pick a date and time for completion.
You can also quickly manage all your assembly work orders by editing, closing, or deleting them right from the list.
A) You want to create an FBA inbound shipment with kits. Simply add a new a kit assembly work order to auto-assemble the kit components in Sellercloud, so your warehouse team can pick them in order to proceed with the shipment process.
Note: Kit auto-assembly requires the Client Setting Auto Assemble Kit when adding to FBA Shipments.
B) You receive an Independent kit on a purchase order. Just give the printed work order instructions to your warehouse team so they can quickly assemble the kit in an accurate manner.
Note: All Components' kits do not require assembly.
Adding a kit assembly work order
- Click Inventory > Kit Assembly Work Orders > Add New Work Order.
- In the Work Order Type dropdown, choose Kit Assembly > Click on the calendar icon for a completion date/time.
- Add products to the work order in either of two ways:
- Add products manually - Enter or find the product IDs > choose warehouse > enter the quantity > Click Save.
- Bulk-import products - Click Download Sample > Complete the spreadsheet and save (show me a sample spreadsheet) > Click Choose File > Click Import.
- When the products appear in the list, you can take any of the following actions, as needed:
- Delete a product from the list - Click Action Menu > Delete > Go
- Change a product's total quantity required - Click Edit to update
- Print out the work order - Click Action Menu > Download PDF > Go (show me a work order)
Managing kit assembly work orders
In addition to adding new work orders, you can:
- Search for work orders - By work order number, type, and status (open or closed)
- Delete work orders - Select and click Action Menu > Delete > Go. This deletes them permanently.
- Close work orders - Select and click Action Menu > Close > Go. This moves them into a closed list