Configuring Refund Settings
SellerCloud offers several options which can restrict specific users from issuing refunds, regardless of which channel the order originated.
Option #1 - Restrict a user entirely.
- Open the Employee tab and select that employee.
- Click on the Roles tab in the side menu.
- Move the role called Refund Handler to the Not A Member Of column by selecting it and clicking the Remove button.
- If this employee would attempt to refund an order, the refund process will not proceed.
Option #2 - Set a refund amount to limit even Refund Handlers.
- In the Client Settings, check the setting Limit Order Refund to _______ to limit a refund amount, and enter a maximum refund value.
- Save the setting. Now a Refund Handler can only issue small refunds, and any large amount will need to be issued by a Client Admin.
Option #3 - Allow a refund-restricted users to initiate the refund request, but require that the refund be approved in order to be completed.
- Open the Client Settings and check the Enable Order Pending Actions option.
- When a restricted user refunds, or cancels an order, it will not actually process it immediately, but rather will generate a refund request which can only be accessed by employees who are not restricted, like a client admin or a refund handler.
- Refund requests can be managed from the Order Action Request page on the Order menu.
- Select an order and select an action from the menu, either to process the refund or to reject the request. When rejecting a request you will need to enter a reason on the following page before continuing on.