Shipping costs that are applied to an order are estimated rates and are not necessarily the actual rates charged. The actual shipping costs can be imported for accurate P&L by. Importing the shipping costs will override the estimated costs that have been placed on the order at the time of the label printing.
Currently, SellerCloud can import UPS, and DHL Express, DHL eCommerce (DHL Global Mail) invoices without the need for reformatting. A template can be downloaded and populated for all other carriers.
UPS and DHL Express
- Navigate Orders > Import Shipping Costs
- For UPS and DHL, click on the respective tabs.
- Choose the invoice and import.
Please Note: DHL Express Shipping Costs can be calculated during the order creation by clicking on the Calculate link next to the shipping rates. However, it will only calculate if a shipping weight was entered. Because of DHL's less than one lb/more than one lb. system, the weight is often not entered. Therefore, this tool is essential for orders shipped via DHL.
DHL eCommerce (DHL Global Mail)
- Navigate Orders > Import Tracking Info.
- Select the CD DHL Tracking Cost Import plugin. The plugin may need to be installed on your server by SellerCloud Support.
- Choose the DHL Ecommerce file and import.
This can be automated through a scheduled task
. Use the task "Import Order" with the DHL Shipping Cost plugin.
To reconcile all other carriers, Navigate Orders > Import Shipping Costs. download the sample template and populate the columns. You can use the OrderID or the tracking number as the identifier. Then import the file.