Case Quantities on PO
SellerCloud supports purchasing by the case. That means you can purchase quantities by the case from a vendor and sell those products as individual units. When the purchase order for the case is received, the inventory of the individual units are updated based on predefined case quantities.
For example, let's say you are selling a package of markers. Your vendor only sells them by the case, at 50 units per case. When ordering the SKU from the vendor you need to order the case quantity of 1, not the unit quantity of 50. With Case Quantity on the PO you can order a case of 1 which will update your individual unit count by 50.
Likewise, you can set set the cost per case, instead of per item. SellerCloud will divide the case cost by the units and use that figure as the item cost.Using the example above, if the cost per case is set at $40.00, that cost will be automatically set on the PO when ordering by the case. However, the 40.00 will be divided by the 50 units for an item cost of $0.80 per package of markers
- Enable the client setting Enable Per Case Qty Mode.
- On the product level, open the toolbox and scroll down to Purchasing.
- Locate the Case Qty field. Define the case qty of the item. e.g. 50 and save.
- Locate the Cost per Case field. Enter the cost per case if applicable - e.g. 40 and save. This will be the the default cost per case. However, if you have multiple vendors for the case, you can set Cost per case for each vendor separately. This can be configured on the Product > Toolbox > Vendor Prices, and under Settings > Toolbox > Vendors > Select Vendor > Products.
- After creating a PO, open the Action Menu and click Enable Per Case Qty.
- To default to create POs in Per Case Qty mode enable client setting Enable Case Qty for new purchase orders.
- The PO will refresh with the following fields:
- Qty Ordered - displays how many units were ordered - Case Qty x Case Qty to Order = Qty Ordered
- Case Qty Ordered - displays how many cases were ordered.
- Qty/Case - displays how many unit are in a case
- If set, the cost case will be added, either the default case cost or based on the vendor selected for the PO.
- After receiving the case qty on PO the inventory of the individual units will update based on the Qty Ordered.
To sell the item by the case and as an individual item, create the case as a kit. You can then add the kit to the PO. Read more about that here.