Please read first! For information on Amazon Orders in Sellercloud's original interface, download this file.
In Sellercloud, you can update order information for Amazon from a single platform. Here, you can cancel, refund, and monitor the status of your Amazon orders.
Understanding Amazon order types
In addition to regular Amazon orders, there are several order subtypes from Amazon.
- Prime Orders
- Business Orders
- Business Orders Prime: Combination of Business orders offered with Prime Shipping.
- Second_Day: Orders where 2nd Day shipping is selected.
Amazon Checkout orders
Checkout By Amazon is a payment processing and order management service by Amazon that can be used to process payments for your website order. When a customer selects the Checkout by Amazon option to make a payment, they are redirected to the Checkout by Amazon site to make the payment. An order is generated on the Checkout by Amazon site.
Some shopping carts, like Magento, create the orders on their own website. Others, like ZenCart, rely on the order created by Checkout by Amazon and do not create the order on their websites. The orders must then be imported from Checkout by Amazon, so enable the client setting Allow to Create Amazon Checkout Orders. To prevent duplication of orders from Magento, or similar shopping carts, that are processed through Checkout By Amazon, the client setting should be disabled.
Managing Amazon Custom Orders
Amazon Custom enables you to offer personalized items on Amazon.com. Sellercloud's integration with Amazon Custom will place the customization request right on the order note, allowing you to easily fulfill the order to the customer's specifications.
Understanding Amazon order dates
The order date on an Amazon order is the time the customer purchased the order - not the time the order was completed. Amazon usually holds orders for a short time to verify payment and they will not include an order in the regular order reports until it is completed. In some rare instances, there might be multiple days between the order date and the date the order is reported on.
If you see an order that appears new and want to see when it was first reported on, use:
- Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > select your company > Toolbox > Amazon > Reports
- Click on an order report and view the report to see if that Amazon order number was included
Automating Amazon order download and tracking upload
- Access Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > select your company.
- Select Toolbox > Amazon > General Settings.
- Go to Controls. Check the box for Allow Order Download. Orders download approximately every 30 minutes.
- Check the box for Allow Fulfillment Upload. Tracking and Ship Date will be automatically sent to update the order status on Amazon in the next feed which runs approximately every 30 minutes.
Cancelling an Amazon order
Orders can only be canceled before it has been marked as Ship Confirmed. Once an order is cancelled, it will be prevented from going into ShipBridge for shipping. Even if the order is already on your ShipBridge grid, the order status will be checked automatically and will be prevented from shipping.
- Access Orders > Manage Orders > select your order.
- Select Actions > Cancel Order.
- That will take you to a page where you can confirm the cancellation and notify Amazon. A cancellation reason is required. You can choose to zero out your inventory, as well.
Understanding buyer cancellations
Amazon buyers can initiate a cancellation request; they can not cancel an order by themselves. The cancellation request will be viewable on Seller Central. You will have up to 2 days to respond. After 2 days the buyer may contact Amazon directly for a resolution. As noted above, the order should be canceled in Sellercloud.If the order gets cancelled and/or refunded by Amazon, the order will update in Sellercloud when the Amazon Settlement for that order comes in. With Seller Fulfilled Prime orders, the buyer contacts Amazon directly for all customer service related issues.
Refunding Amazon orders
If the item is being returned, you should create an RMA. Refunds can be issued from the RMA. Read more here.
- Access the Order detail page > Actions > Issue Refund.
- Confirm the amount being refunded > select a Refund reason > Finish.
SellerCloud submits this refund information via Amazon's API and also adjusts the payment status of the order. After the refund has been processed, Amazon will refund the commission. This information will be updated in SellerCloud at the time the settlement report with that information is downloaded.