SellerCloud has integrated with TaxJar
, a company specializing in sales tax reporting and filing for online retailers.
This API integration provides two major benefits:
- Accurate P&L Reporting - Orders can be updated with the exact tax you are required to collect for every state. Be advised that if insufficient tax was collected by the channel, the order will only be partially paid.
: It's advisable to still configure a tax rate in the Taxes page
. This will allow you to see the tax amount at the time you are creating a local order.
- Accurate and Hassle Free Tax Filling - Orders from all your sales channels will automatically be uploaded to TaxJar for accurate tax filing with state tax agencies nationwide.
Configuring TaxJar in SellerCloud
- Enable client setting Enable Tax API Per Channel PerState.
- Company Settings > Taxes > Tax API.
- Enter the Tax Jar API key.
- Enable each relevant channel.
- Then, select the relevant states for which you are collecting taxes for each channel individually. This is because there may be different tax collection rules for different channels.
- Check Get Tax next to the channel if you'd like to retrieve the tax rate for orders. See below how to update the tax on the order.
Please note: orders are uploaded in scheduled intervals. SellerCloud Support should check that the window service "TaxJarServices" is running on your server.
Updating Tax Amount on Order from API
Tax changes are saved to a page from where you can either update the order or dismiss the tax change.
- Navigate Orders > Order Reports > API Tax Mismatch.
- A grid will list the order with tax changes as in this image:
- Select the order and either update the order or dismiss the change from the action menu.
- An order note will be created when an order is updated.
- The orders P&L will update immediately on the P&L tab. The reports will update after the P&L service runs (daily - approx. 2AM EST.)
Whether or not you update the order with tax amount from TaxJar, the tax amount will display in a separate column on the Tax Report under the reports tab (When Tax API is enabled).