Third Party Billing
Some merchants may ship orders through a 3rd party's account. Channels like Overstock and Wayfair may allow merchants to ship orders through their shipping accounts.
Please note: Wholesale customers can be billed directly in a separate 3rd party billing configuration. Read more about that here.
Third party billing can be configured in ShipBridge in the Options menu. The configuration process is identical for UPS, FedEx, and DHL carriers. The interface process outlined below needs to be enabled in the Admin tab by your ShipBridge Administrator or SellerCloud Support. We strongly encourage using this new interface for configuration.
- Click on the Configure 3rd Party Billing button on the Shipping Carrier's tab.
- Click the Configure button next to the company for which you are configuring.
- Select the Order Source channel for which you will bill the shipment of orders to the third party. For example, you may need to select OverStock.
- Enter the third party's account number, like the Overstock's account number
- Enter a partner ID, when configuring third party billing for Overstock and Wayfair. They will provide you with the Partner ID. This is not required for other third party billers.
- Check the checkbox nest to the channel to enable third party billing for that channel. If the checkbox is not enabled, the default account will be used.
- Enter a third party address that will display on the label for those orders.
- Save your settings.
Third party billing labels
If the label is set properly for Third party billing it will display on the the label. For Fedex, this will be on the top right corner and for UPS it is on the bottom left part of the label.
See Fedex example here.