Order Promise Date or Ship By Date
Promise Date in Amazon
In order to receive the Promise Date in the Amazon reports feed, you must enable it from Amazon.
- Log on to SellerCentral with your Amazon account.
- From the Orders menu on top select Order Reports.
- Click on the Add or remove columns link on the right.
- From the list of Optional Columns enable the Ship Dates.
Promise Date in SellerCloud
- To view the promise date on the order detail page enable client setting Display Order Shipping Promise Date. It will display beneath the order date.
- Orders can be filtered by promise date in the Advanced Search tab.
- Under the reports tab, the Fulfillment Report tracks shipping performance based on promise date.
- Newegg order will be automatically placed on hold if the user doesn't ship it by the promise date. This is because Newegg automatically cancels the order due to late shipment. Read more here.
- When creating orders manually you can add the Promise Date during the creation of the order.
Promise Date in ShipBridge
- Orders can be sorted in ShipBridge by promise date. Enable the promise date column on the "unshipped" tab (Menu > Customize Interface). The click on the column to sort.
- Scan and Ship can be configured to load orders chronologically based on an earlier promise date when scanning an SKU. (Menu > Options > Scan and Ship. Enable setting When Scanning an SKU, load order based on Promise Date)
- Amazon - Unshipped Orders Report
- Walmart Marketplace (Version 3 +). More info can be found here.