Order Promise Date or Ship By Date
The order promise date is the Ship By Date - the date by which you need to ship the order before the channel marks it as late shipping (not the date the package is to arrive at the customer). Shipping by the promise date is critical for seller performance metrics. The promise date is based on the lead time to ship on the listing and is calculated by counting business days only.
The date can be viewed in the order, and orders can be filtered by promise date. Some channels provide SellerCloud with a promise date; others do not. Below is a list of channels that provide a promise date. All others can have a default promise date set internally in SellerCloud in Settings > Order Promise Date Setting. The default will be overridden by a promise date sent from the channel.
Promise Date in Amazon
To receive the Promise Date in the Amazon reports feed, you must enable it from Amazon:
- Log into SellerCentral with your Amazon account.
- From the top Orders menu, select Order Reports.
- Click Add or remove order report columns on the right.
- From the list of Optional Columns, enable the Ship Dates.
Promise Date in eBay
SellerCloud can pull the Promise Date for eBay orders from their API.
- Company > Toolbox > eBay > General Settings.
- Click Get Open Auth Token. This prompts a login to eBay with this message:
- Click Agree to save the token in SellerCloud. Every new order will now be checked and updated with the correct Promise Date (Handling Time).
Promise Date in SellerCloud
- To view the promise date on the order detail page, enable the client setting Display Order Shipping Promise Date. It will appear under the order date.
- Orders can be filtered by promise date in the Advanced Search tab.
- In the Reports module, the Fulfillment Report tracks shipping performance based on promise date.
- Newegg orders will be automatically placed on hold if the user doesn't ship it by the promise date. This is because Newegg automatically cancels the order due to late shipment. Read more here.
- When creating orders manually, you can add the Shipping Promise Date during the order creation.
Promise Date in ShipBridge
- Orders can be sorted in ShipBridge by promise date. Enable the promise date column on the "unshipped" tab (Menu > Customize Interface). Click on the column to sort.
- Scan and Ship can be configured to load orders chronologically based on an earlier promise date when scanning an SKU. (Menu > Options > Scan and Ship.) Enable setting When Scanning an SKU, load order based on Promise Date)
Channels that provide promise date:
- Amazon - Unshipped Orders Report
- Walmart Marketplace (Version 3 +). More information is available here.