Although Amazon gives you the option to ship to FBA using their UPS account, you can ship using a non-partnered account - whether UPS or other carrier.
These instructions direct you how to ship FBA shipments using a non-partnered carrier.
- Create the shipments and follow all steps outlined here until you get to the "Shipping Labels and Box Content section".
- Select Manage Shipping Boxes from the Action Menu. Press Go.
- Select a shipment from the dropdown.
- Add box weight and dimensions to all boxes. This is required to make the API call even though you are not shipping through Amazon and do not need a shipping estimate.
The next step is to satisfy Amazon's new requirement (as of early 2016) to provide accurate box contents information on the packing slip. (Make sure that client setting FBA Inbound Shipment Use Unique Label Request is not enabled.)
- If you are sending each SKU in a separate box - meaning, all units of product x in one box - you can check the One SKU Per box only checkbox. A box will be automatically generated for each item in the shipment. You will not be able to add more boxes.
- Please Note: This option should not be confused with the similar sounding One SKU Per Box option on SellerCentral. That option is a box tag that lets Amazon know that there is only one item (single or multiple) in the box.
- Select Manage Box Contents from the action menu. Press Go.
- Select a package.
- Enter the unit count for every SKU in each box. Add contents to all the boxes in the shipment. You can also import a file to upload contents.
- Save and repeat for all boxes in the shipment.
- Select next shipment and repeat.
- Depending on the box content selection that you selected at the beginning of the shipment (see section above "All products continue here") , press the action to either:
Wait a few minutes to allow Amazon to process the info before continuing in SellerCloud.
Go back to the Manage Shipping Boxes page.
Select package from drop down.
Select Shipping type - Small Package.
Check the box Use Non-Partnered Carrier.
The page will refresh and you will see a dropdown to select a carrier. Options are USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL Express, Other.
Generate a shipping label. This is done through any external shipping software, or UPS.com directly, for example.
Copy and paste tracking numbers into the fields for tracking.
Press Update to save the info.
Open the action menu and select Submit Tracking to Amazon. Press Go.
Open the action menu and select Print Box Labels. Press Go. This will print out a box label to identify the box (with box contents) to Amazon.
Open the action menu and select Complete Shipment. Press Go. This will take you to a page to mark the shipment as shipped and move the inventory to the interim warehouse.
- Save and Upload to Amazon - Sends an API call to Amazon with box contents. For example, it tells Amazon that Box 1 contains item ABC x 20. The shipping label identifies the box with its box number.
- Save and Download Feed - Downloads a file to be uploaded on Seller Central.
- Save and Download 2D BarCode. The barcode sticker should be placed on the package. Read more about 2D Barcodes in the attached PDF.