PO Extra Costs - 3rd Party Costs
These costs can be averaged into the cost of an item to give an accurate profit and loss report by enabling the client setting Consider PO Extra Costs when Calculating Product Costs. An extra column will display next to each line item in the PO - "Extra Cost Per Unit".
In order to use this functionality:
- Client setting Enable PO Custom Extra Cost per Unit has to be enabled.
- From the Purchase Order details, select Upload extra cost per unit from the Action menu. Here you can download the template, add the extra costs and import it back.
- Equally - For example, if the product cost $50.00 and shipping costs $5.00, the average cost on the product's Purchasing page (Product > Toolbox > Purchasing) will be $55.00. If you ordered 2 units with a total PO shipping cost of $5.00, the average cost will be divided among the units ordered, resulting in an average cost of $52.50.
- Cost Based - if there are several different products in the with different costs, the extra costs will be distributed in proportion to the items' cost, and then divided per unit of each item.
- Weight Based - if there are several different products in the with different weights, the extra costs will be distributed in proportion to the items' weight (product weight). and then divided per unit of each item.
If a Small Order Amount and Fee has been configured on the vendor, the fee will display in the Small Order Fee field, whenever applicable, to be calculated in the PO total cost.
Read about no-cost items here.