Amazon Associates Program
The Amazon Associates program is a solution intended to help website owners, Web developers, and Amazon sellers make money by advertising products from Amazon.com and its subsidiaries on their websites. When website owners and bloggers who are Associates create links and customers click through those links and buy products from Amazon, they earn referral fees.
Within SellerCloud, you can use the Product Advertising API to retrieve product information from existing Amazon listings to easily populate your SellerCloud catalog with Amazon descriptions, images, bullet points, and more.
In order to use Product Advertising API credentials (known in SellerCloud as the Product Search Access Key and Product Search Associate Key), Amazon requires you to register for the Amazon Associates program.
To retrieve and enter or test your Product Advertising API credentials into SellerCloud, follow the instructions here.
To enroll in the Amazon Associate Program, follow these instructions:
- Retrieve and test your Product Advertising API credentials following the instruction here. If you already have credentials, test your existing credentials.
If enrollment is required, you will receive an error like this:
Failed in search. Your XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is not registered as an Amazon Associate. Please register as an associate at https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/join/landing/main.html.
- If the above error is received, navigate to the URL mentioned in the error.
- From this page, select the option to "Join Now for Free". Then use admin SellerCentral credentials to log into using any Amazon account.
Confirm the address and click "Next".
Enter your website URL and click "Add", then click "Next".Because of what the Amazon Associates program is intended for, it requires a website be entered (as it indicates which website advertisements will be placed on). You must add at least one URL to proceed. If you do not have a website, another URL (such as sellercloud.com) can be entered.
The next page will ask a variety of information about the website that the ads will be featured on. This should be answered as accurately as possible. See the notes below, and click "Next" when all required fields are populated.
The Associate Store ID field is similar to a username
For fields where there is a primary and secondary field, only the primary is required.
Those who are not sure of the correct selection for a question just guess to the best of their ability. This does not seem to cause an issue.
- Complete the Identity Verification portion by entering your phone number, receiving a call, and entering the PIN provided. Accept the Operating Agreement and click "Finish".
- A confirmation page will display. From here, it will take anywhere from 15 minutes to 24 hours for the Amazon Product Search credentials from testing successfully.