PayPal offers a micro-payments payment option for business or premiere accounts at a rate of 5% + $0.05
. This option is cost effective for sellers who process a high volume of small transactions. There is a similar but separate service for sellers of digital goods, like games, apps, or articles.
Using this services can significantly reduce your PayPal fees for small transactions as calculated in the table below.
| Merchant Rate|
5% + $0.05
Up to 2.9% + $0.03
| Payment Size || $2.00||$2.00|
| PayPal Fee|| $0.15||$0.36|
To take advantage of this payment option, you need to sign up for a new Paypal business or Premier account. Then, contact Paypal to request the micro payments option for this Paypal account.
SellerCloud supports the micro payment option by linking products to the MicroPayment PayPal account. Follow instruction below to set up this option in SellerCloud.
Enable client setting Enable Multiple PayPal Accounts.
- Navigate Company Settings > Toolbox > eBay Settings > Paypal Settings.
- Click Manage Additional Accounts.
- Enter your Paypal credentials for the new MicroPayments account. Save.
- On the eBay Properties page there will be a new field - PayPal Email. Enter the Paypal address of the MicroPayments account to link the product to this payment option. Revise the listing if necessary.
- To updates multiple products in bulk, use the column header PaypalEmailAddress.