Manual Inventory Reserve
You may want to allocate inventory for a specific channel at certain times. This is especially true for such daily deal sites as Groupon, where you allocate a certain amount of units for the deal.
On a product's Manual Inventory Reserve page, you can define a reserved quantity, and the duration of the reserve. During the specified time period, the quantity reserved will be subtracted from the inventory feeds to all channels.
For example, let's say you have 100 units. A manual reserve of 10 for Groupon will reduce the available quantity for the other channels to 90. As orders from the indicated channel come in, quantity is reduced from the reserve first. When the reserve is depleted, inventory will be reduced from the regular inventory.
Note that similar functionality is available for the Channel Warehouse feature.
- In Settings > Client Settings > Inventory Control > Enable Enable Product Manual Reserves.
- In the Product > Toolbox > Manual Reserves > Add New Reserve.
- Choose a warehouse from which you will reserve inventory.
- Choose a reserve type to deduct inventory from the reserve:
- Customer - Enter the customer email for which you are reserving. This should be utilized for Living Social and such other sites, which are categorized as website orders, but come in under one email address. An order from the customer will deduct from the reserved qty.
- OrderSource - Select the channel for which you are reserving. An order from the channel will deduct from the reserved qty.
- Enter a reserve quantity.
- Set the duration of the reserve and save. While the reserve is active, it will be highlighted in green.
- Orders from the reserve type will deduct from the reserve. For example, if a reserve of 20 is created and 20 orders come in, the reserve will be depleted and no more qty will be reserved.
- When the duration is completed, the remaining reserved inventory will be released.
With kits, the reserve must be set on the components, unless it is an independent kit.