Manual Inventory Reserve
At certain times, you may want to allocate inventory for a specific channel. This is especially true for such daily deal sites as Groupon, where you allocate a certain amount of units for the deal. On a product's Manual Inventory Reserve page, you can define a reserved quantity, and the duration of the reserve.
During the specified time period, the quantity reserved will be subtracted from the inventory feeds to all channels. For example, let's say you have 100 units. A manual reserve of 10 for Groupon will reduce the available quantity for the other channels to 90. As orders from the indicated channel come in, quantity is reduced from the reserve first. When the reserve is depleted, inventory will be reduced from the regular inventory.
Note that similar functionality is available for the Channel Warehouse feature.
- In Settings > Client Settings > Inventory Control >Enable Product Manual Reserves.
- In the Product > Toolbox > Manual Reserves > Add New Reserve. Where is that?
- Warehouse - Choose a warehouse from which you will reserve inventory.
- Reserve Type - Choose a reserve type to deduct inventory from the reserve - Customer or Order Source - and complete either one of the fields below:
- Customer ID - If you chose Customer, enter the customer email for which you are reserving. This should be used for Living Social and other sites that are categorized as website orders, but come in under one email address. An order from the customer will deduct from the reserved quantity.
- Order Source - If you chose Order Source, choose the channel for which you are reserving. An order from the channel will deduct from the reserved quantity.
- Quantity - Enter a reserve quantity.
- Start and End Date - Set the duration of the reserve
- Click Save. While a reserve is active, it will be highlighted in green. Orders from the reserve type will deduct from the reserve. For example, if a reserve of 20 is created and 20 orders come in, the reserve will be depleted and no more quantity will be reserved.
When the duration is completed, the remaining reserved inventory will be released.
With kits, the reserve must be set on the components, unless it is an independent kit.