- Navigate Inventory > Import Product Info.
- Select Import Kit.
- Select a file type. Download the kit template.
- There are ten columns on the template.
- The top row displays the name of the field. The second row explains the field. For example, in column C, the field shown is Quantity. As shown on the second row, it means the quantity for the child SKU in the kit. The 3rd row tells us whether the field is required or not. The next two rows are sample entries to show how to enter product data into the fields.
- ParentSKU - the SKU of the actual kit itself
- ChildSKU - the component SKU
- QTY - number of units of this component in the kit
- Sequence - order in which they are listed on invoices (accepts values: 1, 2, 3)
- IsMainItem - if there is a main item, like in a camera kit, where the inventory is based on the main item (accepts values True or False)
- Enter product information.
- Delete the sample data.
- Save your file.
- You can create a parent product if one does not exist in the system. There are columns under which to create a SKU and Parent Product Name. Before importing the file, check the Create Parent Product check box.
- Import file.
Note: If a component already exists in a kit, the uploaded file will revise that component information. But if the uploaded file is introducing a new component, it will add it to an existing kit.