FBA Inventory Update
Inventory at Amazon Fulfillment Centers is stored in a warehouse that has been set as an FBA type warehouse. Inventory in this warehouse is updated periodically through FBA Inventory Reports that SellerCloud receives from Amazon. By default, SellerCloud pulls fulfillable inventory from the report's column k "afn-fulfillable-quantity." However, you may want to have total quantity - even unfillable quantity - updated in your SellerCloud FBA warehouse. Perhaps you want to report the true value of inventory at FBA or you are willing to sell inventory that will become available.
You can change how SellerCloud FBA warehouse inventory is updated by setting the report to pull inventory in a different way (see Client Settings>Amazon Settings):
- Pull inventory from report column j "afn-warehouse-quantity" to update your SellerCloud FBA warehouse with inventory that FBA determined is unfillable; for example, inventory in transit. If the warehouse is sellable, all inventory will be available for sale and included in the inventory feeds. Choose the Use FBA warehouse-quantity box.
- Pull inventory from report column j "afn-warehouse-quantity" but exclude unfillable inventory in the inventory feeds. This updates your SellerCloud FBA warehouse with inventory that FBA determined is unfillable, but this inventory will not be included in the inventory feeds - even if the FBA warehouse is sellable. The inventory will include total quantity for inventory reporting and value purposes only. Choose the Always Consider FBA Total Supply Quantity box. (This will automatically check the Use FBA warehouse-quantity box upon Save.)
- With this setting, you can also set the report to consider pending FBA orders and transfers, and deduct those values from the availability quantity in SellerCloud. Choose the Download FBA Reserved inventory breakdown box.
FBA Inventory Movement
Inventory will not update based on regular inventory movement, like the FBA Orders Report or when Shipping via FBA, and there will be no regular inventory movement history for FBA orders. This is to avoid duplication to adjustments in inventory levels. However, on the Inventory Movement page, you can click the "FBA Movement" tab to see FBA order movement history. Inventory is added to FBA by creating and shipping FBA Inbound shipments. Amazon receives the shipment, counts the inventory, and enters it into the FBA inventory reports. Amazon may not receive all inventory at one time. They may decide to ship some inventory to a different Amazon Fulfillment Center, so some inventory may only be available at a later date. Inventory can be manually pulled as well to update individual products. On the Amazon Properties page, click on Check Amazon FBA Quantity from the Action Menu. The quantity will update and a grid will display the status of the product's availability, like the earliest available time to pick.
Sometimes, the shipped quantity does not match the received quantity; Amazon may claim to have received more or less of any item. SellerCloud deals with this discrepancy in the following manner:
- By default, if the Amazon over receives, SellerCloud assumes that the shipper erred, and automatically adjusts the shipped quantity to match the higher received quantity. However, because Amazon is known to make mistakes with over receiving, you can enable the client setting Do not adjust FBA Qty shipped even if over received. This will prevent the shipped quantity from adjusting.
- If the Amazon under receives, SellerCloud will assume that Amazon will still receive more inventory in the future, and will not make any adjustments to the shipped quantity.
How FBA Quantities Work and How to Track them
As stated above, all the available inventory from Amazon FBA is imported regularly in SellerCloud via the FBA inventory reports.
- When the FBA Warehouse is marked as Non-Sellable. In this case the inventory will only show as aggregate inventory for products that are set as FBA fulfilled. Physical inventory can be tracked from the Product Warehouse link on the product's Summary Page by checking the FBA quantity shown on the dedicated FBA warehouse. Inventory movement can be tracked from the product's Summary Page by clicking Inventory Movement > View FBA Movement. Here you can also check for reserved quantities that will not be included in the aggregate inventory.
- When the FBA Warehouse is marked as Sellable. If you set your FBA Warehouse as sellable, the inventory inside will be included into the aggregate quantities for the same products set as FBM (if they have the same ASIN). This workflow is often used when you are selling FBA fulfilled products to other channels than Amazon and a specialized post-order plugin should be installed on your server (FBA Format). Inventory Movement will include such multi-channel orders and the Product Warehouse quantity calculations will include the FBA inventory.
- A common mistake is setting different FBA integrations to the same FBA warehouse. This causes the inventory reports to be overwriting each other. Since we are importing the inventory regularly, each Amazon FBA integration needs to be set in a separated FBA-type warehouse.