In its simplest form, Minimum Advertised Pricing (or MAP, as it is more commonly referred) is the lowest price a retailer can advertise the product for sale. Not the lowest price they can sell it in their store, but the lowest they can show online or in an advertisement.
- Channels have different rules on how they use the MAP Price value.
- Amazon does not allow MAP price to be higher than the Site Price
- For eBay when the EnforceMAPPrice is enabled the MAP Price will be set as default Buy It Now Price. If disabled the default Buy It Now Price will be set to the Site Price.
- MAP Price is product specific and can be set on the Product Summary Page. The checkbox EnforceMAPPrice will set this as default MAP price to all channels that use it. You will not be allowed to have a sell price lower than the MAP Price.
- Exception: for the JET channel you can sell under the MAP Price if the client setting Allow JET Price below MAP Price is enabled.
- To Bulk update the MAP Price you can use the following columns:
- MAPPrice - updates the MAP Price value
- EnforceMAPPrice - Sets this as default MAP Price for all channels (accepts values of true or false)
- UseMapPriceForWebsite - will send the MAP price to website integrated channels, if they have that option.