Amazon has expanded its Prime Member benefit program, extending the shipping benefits to merchant-fulfilled listings. Sellers who have proven their ability to meet Prime customers' expectations for service are now able to enroll in Seller Fulfilled Prime. Learn more about eligibility and program requirements
With prime orders, you do not ship from your own account. Instead, you purchase a shipping label from Amazon. This can be done through SellerCloud as explained below.
By default, label purchases are billed at Amazon's shipping rates. However, if you have an account with Stamps.com or UPS, you can link your Amazon seller account to your carrier account to use your own negotiated shipping rates. Read more here
Products need to be marked as "Prime" to be purchased as a prime order. This must be done on Seller Central
, by selecting a Prime Delivery enabled shipping template on the product. Templates are configured under Settings > Shipping Settings. Read more at https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/201860010
Enable Shipping Rates API in Seller Central
Select and enable shipping services in Seller Central. Only services that are enabled will be available for selection in SellerCloud.
API Registration for Shipping Services can be enabled on Seller Central here
If preferable, enter your shipping account info to use your own rates.
Shipping Prime Orders from ShipBridge
Prime orders are flagged and can be filtered with the Amazon Prime filter. ShipBridge will not allow the orders to be shipped except in the manner outlined below.
- Configure ShipBridge for Prime orders:
- Enable client setting in SellerCloud Enable Generate Shipping Labels via Amazon.
- In ShipBridge navigate Menu > Options > Carrier > Amazon.
- Enable Use Amazon.
- Enter your MWS credentials. You can take them from your Amazon Settings page. To view all credentials go to https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/account-manager/home.html/ref=ag_userperms_dnav_xx_
- Select the default Delivery Experience - Signature confirmation etc...
- Select printer and check if thermal.
- If you have multiple companies with different Prime approved Amazon accounts, use the PerCompany Configuration.
- ShipBridge will now prevent Prime orders from being shipped with the regular shipping services.
- There should be a filter above the grid for prime orders. (Menu > Customize Interface > Filters. Check "AmazonPrime". Uncheck "Weight Verified").
- Select the Prime order in ShipBridge.
- Right click and press Calculate Rates. This is the equivalent to "Get Eligible Services" when Shipping thru Seller Central or SellerCloud.
- Only Amazon services will display in the grid. Select a service.
- If applicable, the "delivery experience" can be modified by editing the order details (right click on order > Edit Order > Order details.)
- Ship order. This will "Buy Postage" from Amazon, and return a valid shipping label.
Shipping Prime Orders from SellerCloud
- Enable client setting Enable Generate Shipping Labels via Amazon.
- Orders for the Prime items will download into SellerCloud with the regular order download.
- Order will have a status of "Prime" on the Order Status panel. Prime orders can be filtered using the Order Subtype filter > Prime. This filter can be activated by enabling client setting Enable Order Sub Types.
- Open an order.
- Select Buy Shipping From Amazon.
- On the following page, complete the request form. Package dimensions, weight, and Ship From Address (defaults to company address) are required.
- Press Get Eligible Services.
- On the following page, select a ship method. The Amazon rate charges display on the right column. Please note: if you have configured Stamps.com in Seller Central, those services will be available for purchase as well.
- Press Buy Shipping. The order will be updated as Shipped with tracking in SellerCloud and in Seller Central.
- On the following page, download the shipping label.
- You can also cancel the label. Cancelling label will not mark order as cancelled/refund or unshipped on Amazon. It will just void the shipping label and you will have to generate a new shipping label. Canceling the label will set the orders as Unshipped in SellerCloud.
Please Note: The order will still have a shipped status on Seller Central. This is because there are downstream dependencies that Amazon does not want to break it moves it to an unshipped state.