Creating and Managing Variations
Please read first! For information on this feature in Sellercloud's original interface, download this file.
Check out how to create product variations in Sellercloud's Delta interface!
See how to create a variation listing, known as an "n-Matrix" in Sellercloud's original interface:
Creating a variation
Prerequisite: Select Enable Product n-Matrix in the Client Settings.
- Access product details > Toolbox > Variations.
- On this panel you can choose from existing dimensions or create new ones. Selected dimensions will be added to your Selected Dimensions.
- Click the plus icon to Create Variation Dimensions
- Click Settings > N Matrix.
- Click Add New Dimension.
- Complete and save the following fields:
- Unique Name - Name of a particular dimension to be associated with the intended products
- Display Name - Name as it appears on the channel
- Abbreviation - An abbreviated form
- Manufacturer - For reference (not required)
- Product Type - For reference (not required)
- Click Manage Values to edit values (such as colors, sizes, flavors, etc.).
- Add a new product to your catalog with a name that reflects that it is a parent product of the variations. (In this example, "MatrixParent," as shown below in Step #7.)
- On the parent product's Product Summary, click Toolbox > N-Matrix > Matrix General.
- Choose the dimensions to add to this product (if necessary, add a new dimension) > Continue (at bottom of page).
- Copy and paste a product SKU into its corresponding Product ID to build it on a parent and child scheme.
- Learn how to set images on variations.
Creating an n-Matrix in bulk
You can create variation dimensions for an N-Matrix in bulk by downloading an Excel template with pre-defined column headers, and then populating the file and importing it:
- Click Settings > N Matrix.
- Click Download Template.
- Open the downloaded template and enter the desired values. Note: The Manufacturer and Product Type columns are not required.
- Save the template file with a unique name.
- On the N Matrix Dimensions page, click Choose File > find the file and click Open.
- Click Import dimensions. Your new dimensions will appear in the grid.
Splitting an n-Matrix
An n-Matrix that has multiple dimensions can be split into many new n-matrixes by removing one of the dimensions. This is important when taking items from eBay where many dimensions are supported and publishing them to sites like Amazon, where only size and color are supported. For example, an eBay listing for a baseball cap might have variations by team, color and size and the team dimension would need to be removed before it can be published onto Amazon. You can split an n-Matrix from the ProductDetail page. 'Split n-Matrix' is an item on the n-Matrix submenu. Once you the original n-matrix has been split, the child skus will be members of more than one parent n-matrix. If you click n-Matrix from the child sku it will then give you the option to navigate to either of the parents.