Creating an n-Matrix Overview
Check out this short tutorial on creating a variation listing, also known as an "n-Matrix" in SellerCloud.
- Click Client Settings > Enable Product n-Matrix > Save.
- Click Settings > N Matrix.
- Click Add New Dimensions.
- Complete the following fields and Save.
- Unique Name: Name of a particular dimension to be associated with the intended products
- Display Name: Name as it appears on the channel
- Abbreviation: An abbreviated form
- Manufacturer: For reference (not required)
- Product Type: For reference (not required)
- Click Manage Values to edit values (such as colors, sizes, flavors, etc.).
- Add a new product to your catalog with a name that reflects it is a parent product of the variations. In this example, MatrixParent.
- On the parent product's Product Summary > Toolbox > N-Matrix > Matrix General > choose dimensions to add to this product (if necessary, add a new dimension) > Continue (at bottom of page).
- Copy and paste a product SKU into its corresponding Product ID to build it on a parent and child scheme.
- Learn how to set images on variations.
Note: When creating an n-matrix listing, parent inventory always stays at 0 and the children retain the inventory because the parent is not a real product.