SellerCloud has a number of tools to help you manage pricing across multiple channels. Pricing is managed from within SellerCloud, so the user does not need to directly access the marketplace portal. Prices can be adjusted based on fixed rules, or they can be re-price based on competitors prices using an integrated third-party software. You can also take measures to prevent selling the item at too low a price.
You can set and manage pricing in several ways
- Default Product Price - Inventory > Product Home page. Locate the Site Price field. The site price is the default price of the product. Enter the price and save. The price changes can be tracked by clicking the + sign next to the price field. The price history log will display the date and time of the change and will also log the user who changed it.
- Channel Specific Pricing - On each channel's properties page, like the Amazon Properties page, for example, you can set a different price specific for that channel. Or you can use the default site price by checking the Use Default checkbox. After saving the change, the default price will display in the Amazon Price field. By default, the Use Default option will be enabled.
- eBay BuyItNow Pricing - To allow using the default site price as the eBay BIN price, enable the client setting Enable Default Price for eBay. After enabling the client setting there will be an option on the eBay General Settings use the default Site Price as the BIN price. Enabling that option will place a Use Default checkbox next to BIN Price on the eBay Properties page. The Use Default checkbox will be enabled by default, but it can be turned on and off.
- Manage Channel Pricing from single page - Inventory > Product Home > Toolbox > Prices. You can also get to the "Prices page" by clicking on the Manage Prices link next to the site price.In the grid the product displays at the beginning of the row, with columns for pricing on all enabled marketplaces. If there are shadow skus, they will display in rows beneath the Parent SKU. You can now easily set pricing for each marketplace individually. Or you can check the "Use Default" checkbox to use the site price as that marketplace's price. The Check All button will set the default price as the selling price for all channels. The default price will display after saving the edit.
- SellerCloud can reprice your products based on fixed rules, such as estimated shipping costs or profit margins. Listings can also be repriced based on competitor pricing by integrating with third party repricing platforms. See the Managing Repricing page for more in formation. Be advised that creating a repricing procedure is is subject to customization fees.
- Custom Price Calculation for Channels - Send a
customized price to a specific marketplace using a custom price calculation.
The custom calculation can be based on any variable or logic, including sending
a price that is a set percentage greater than the site cost. Using a custom
price calc, the system will ignore the channel price; rather it will send a
calculated price based on your parameters. Custom Calculations can be
created by SellerCloud Support. Be advised that creating a repricing procedure is is subject to customization fees. A client setting enables the custom calculation for each channel. When enabled, the following icon will display next to the price on the channel setting page:
- Put Order on Hold if Selling Price is less than ____% of SiteCost - Likewise you can configure this client setting to put an order on hold if the selling price is less 110% percentage, for example, of the site cost.
- Set Customer Status 'Require Attention' instead of updating OrderStatus to OnHold - Instead of putting order "On Hold", the order will be sent to the "Requires Attention" tab.
- Put Order on Hold if Selling Price is less than ____% of SitePrice
- Validate Selling Price is greater than % of SiteCost - For example, if you want the price to always be at least 10% more than the site cost, enter 110%. If the price being entered is less than that amount, an error message will display when saving the product after the edit.
While this will ensure that the site price was entered correctly the first time, you may want to change the site cost dynamically to make sure that the site price is always 110% more than the site cost. Locate the following client settings in the Cost Related section:
- Update Product SiteCost based on PO LastCost - automatically updating the site cost based on the cost of the item as it was received in the last Purchase order. As the cost of the item changes, the site price will adjust accordingly.
- Update SiteCost when updating AverageCost - automatically update the site cost based on the item's average cost. As the cost of the item changes, the site price will adjust accordingly
- Protect Site Cost - Prevents any user who does not have a Client Admin role from editing the site cost.
- Add Flag to Inventory Arrivals Page - The inventory arrivals page is located on the Inventory menu. All items received in purchase orders are displayed in the grid on this page. When the Add a Flag to Inventory Arrivals Page client setting is enabled, an icon will flag items whose average cost has changed. Hovering over the icon will show the original and new values. You can now go and adjust the site price accordingly to ensure that the selling price is what you want it to be.