Magento Order Payment Status
- "Authorize" - The funds are held by the card holders bank in reserve to be collected at a future date. At that time, the merchant initiates a capture request.
- "Authorize and Capture"- The funds are transferred to the merchant right away.
Download Magento Orders as Charged
- Under System > Configuration > Payment Methods:
- Open the Authorize.net tab. Set the Payment Action drop down to Authorized and Captured.
- For Paypal, set the payment action to Sale.
- Set the New Order Status drop down to Processing. This setting needs to be set as such regardless of your payment processor.
- Configure the payment methods in Magento to Authorized. See above.
- Enable the Magento Company Setting Consider Authorized orders as Charged. This setting allows you to ship the order even though payment has not yet been applied.
- Then use the following options to capture payment upon shipping:
- Auto Capture Payment - Enable client setting Charge Magento Order Payment When Shipped.
- Manually Capture Payment - On the order detail page, use the action Capture Magento Payment.
- If you allow shipping for unpaid orders - In ShipBridge, navigate Menu > Options > Scan and Ship. Enable the setting Allow processing of payments in ShipBridge. In the Scan and Ship Window, there will be a new tab - Payments. In that tab, use the the Capture Payment button to manually capture the payment.