Houzz Account Integration
Currently, there are 2 ways in SellerCloud to integrate with Houzz. Plugin integration can be set via Scheduled Tasks. The alternative way is to setup API integration with Houzz. Both ways will be explained in this article
SellerCloud integrates with Houzz.com via an FTP supplied by Houzz. Documents are passed through the FTP to update Houzz or to be imported into SellerCloud. Specialized plugins can format the documents in order to list products, manage inventory and price, and export tracking, as well as read incoming documents to import orders. These plugins can be placed on your server by SellerCloud Support.
Houzz integration is processed by 3 scheduled tasks:
- Import Orders - In this task, you need to set the company for the orders import, the order processor plugin and the FTP settings.Orders will import as Website orders. You may want to create a new company to integrate your Houzz account with if you have another website or plugin integration, so that you can filter orders by the company name, as all orders with "Website" order source will appear when searching by channel Website.
- Export Orders - In this task, you need to set the Saved Search for Houzz enabled items. Since Saved Searches are account based, you need to select the user as well. You also need to set the export plugin, file name, and FTP settings.
- Export Products - Same as the tracking export - you need to select the user, saved search, plugin, filename and FTP settings
More info on these topics can be found on the related pages:
SellerCloud can integrate with multiple Houzz accounts, however, there are a few details that needs to be set:
- Each integration should be set in a different company to avoid any confusion with the orders.
- Each integration must have a different Houzz Enabled column.
- You should create different Saved Searches for each integration. Each Saved Search must include the related Houzz Enabled column and the company.
- Different integrations will use different FTP.
Orders pulled via the API integration will be marked as Houzz Orders unlike the ones from the Plugin integration which are marked as Website. In this case you can integrate the channel in a company that has a Website integration without mixing the source of the orders.
- To Obtain API keys go to https://www.houzz.com/registerSellerApi and register for the API
- Select all 4 options and click complete registration.
- You will get a message saying “Thank you for your interest in using the Marketplace API. We are currently reviewing your registration,” and you will receive an email when it is approved.
- Once Approved, go to Company Settings> Houzz Settings and check Enable API integration.
- Enter the Application ID, Username, and Token from Houzz
- Choose your Houzz Account type, either Seller or Vendor
- Enable the Settings as required and save.
- Test your credentials from the Action Menu
The Houzz API Properties for products are located in the product Toolbox > Houzz. Here you can set the product details like on other channels. When the icon on the top right shows that the product is ready for posting you can enable it and list from the Action Menu.