FBA Inbound Shipments Overview
Before creating an FBA Inbound Shipment please be sure that your SellerCloud account has been configured to allow for FBA Inbound Shipment optimally. Read more here.
Setting up Shipment
- Navigate Inventory > FBA Inbound Shipments
- Click Create New Shipment
- If you have multiple companies select the company from drop-down menu from which the inventory is being shipped
- The Description field will default to the date and time for future reference, but can be edited any descriptive term.
- Press Continue.
- Click on Add Items (on the lower right hand side of page)
- Enter a search term and press the Search button, which will bring up the selected product(s). By default, you may not be able to add Fulfilled by Merchant products There is a client setting to control this restriction.
- Select the item and quantity you want to add to the shipment. Quantity can be added later as well. Important Note: Kits must have an inventory dependency set to Independent. Read more about Kits and FBA here.
- To require the product to have available inventory enable the client setting Enable Validate Inventory For FBA Inbound Shipments. When enabled, the shipment will not "Preview" if product has less inventory than what is being added to the shipment.Please note: Product must have inventory in a warehouse that has the option "Allow to use qty for FBA Shipments"enabled.
- Product must be from the same company as the company you are shipping from, otherwise you will get an "Unknown SKU" error message when previewing the shipment.
- To require the product to have available inventory enable the client setting Enable Validate Inventory For FBA Inbound Shipments. When enabled, the shipment will not "Preview" if product has less inventory than what is being added to the shipment.
- To add multiple items at one time, click on Show/Hide text box to paste SKU list, and paste multiple SKUs in the drop-down box.
- Click the Add Products button.
- Click the Finished, Close Window button.
Preparing Package for Shipping
For products that has never been FBA shipped:
- Read how to prepare qty to ship here.
- Select Edit from the Action Menu and click GO.
- Select product.
- Select Get FNSKU from the action menu and click GO. This will only work if the product already has an FNSKU at Amazon. This process is much like retrieving an existing ASIN. Read more about getting the FNSKU.
- Select Revise Dimensions and Weight on Amazon and click Go. (Update Weight and Dimensions of the product by clicking on the box next to the product)
- Save shipment.
Using Amazon Labeling Services
- Log onto SellerCental.
- Navigate Settings icon > Fulfillment by Amazon > Optional Services.
- Click Edit to enable MWS Label Service and select a default labeling service.
- The default can be overridden on the FBA Inbound Shipment. Under the Label Prep Preference column select who label the products:
- Seller_Label - This notifies Amazon that you label them as required. If the item is not labeled you may be subject to unplanned label fees.
- Amazon_Label_Only - This instructs Amazon to label the products as necessary when they receive it at the Amazon Fulfillment Center. There are fees associated with this service.
- Amazon_Label_Preferred - This instructs Amazon to label products that you have not labeled. Fees will be applied as necessary.
All products continue here
- In the Box Content Source dropdown, select from one of the following options as the means by which you will inform Amazon of the box contents. Box Contents are generated later and are explained further down on this page.
- None - enable you to download a box contents file to upload into Seller Central.
- Feed - enables an action to upload box contents directly from SellerCloud.
- 2D Barcode - Enables to download a 2d Barcode label containing box contents.
- The box content option selection can be defaulted. Client setting - Default FBA Shipment Content Source: " <dropdown>
- Select Preview from the Action menu. Amazon will assign a temporary shipment ID. The temporary ID expires after 48 hours.
- Product must have inventory in a warehouse that has the option "Allow to use qty for FBA Shipments" enabled. Otherwise inventory in that warehouse will not be able to be used and an error of no inventory available may be returned.
- If the product does not have the required values – FNSKU and Dimensions - an error message will appear stating that the preview failed. Click on the icon next to each individual item and update the Ship Weight and Shipping Dimensions. Re-select Preview from the action menu. See below how the page refreshes.
- Select Print Product Labels from Action menu, if needed, and click GO. See below for an explanation of Label types.
- Select Set Status to Working from Action menu and click GO.
The shipping page should refresh with the with the following information:
- Shipment ID - The Amazon Shipment ID as determined by Amazon.
- Fulfillment Center - Amazon's Internal Code for the fulfillment center.
- Destination Address - The address of the fulfillment center.
- Package Name - The name you gave the package when you created the shipment.
- Status - The current step in the process of the FBA shipment. There are 6 different statuses:
Understanding Label Types
There are 4 different types of Labels
- Merchant Label - which means that you have to put a Product label onto the product.
- No Label - No label is required.
- Amazon Label - This label type will display if you have signed up under the MWS Label Service to have Amazon label the items.
- FC_Prep - means that the product requires extra handling time at FBA Fulfillment Center.
The Label types are determined by Amazon via the ASIN/FNSKU. Different label types will not be allowed to ship under the same Shipment ID. SellerCloud has no control over these policies.
Amazon might split a large quantity of a single product into multiple shipments that will be shipped to multiple FBA warehouses across the country. This is determined by how you set up your SellerCentral account. If you want to be able to ship to one warehouse only, you must first change your Inbound Settings from ‘Distributed Inventory Placement’ (which is the default setting) to ‘Inventory Placement Service’. Be aware that there is a fee for this option.
Shipping Labels and Box Content
The following instructions are for shipping small packages to Amazon Fulfillment Center. Read how to ship LTL/FTL to Amazon here.
Amazon partners with UPS for small parcel deliveries up to 150lb. UPS will pick up and deliver your FBA Inbound Shipment at a deeply discounted rate that will be billed to Amazon's account. Amazon will pass the charge along to you as a "Inbound Transportation Charge. If you are shipping with a non-partnered carrier, reader here.
- Select Manage Shipping Boxes from the Action Menu. Press Go.
- Select a shipment from the dropdown.
- Add boxes to the shipment. Set their Weights and DIM.
- If you are sending each SKU in a separate box - meaning, all units of product x in one box - check the One SKU Per box only checkbox. A box will be automatically generated for each item in the shipment. You will not be able to add more boxes.
- Please Note: This option should not be confused with the similar sounding One SKU Per Box option on SellerCentral. That option is a box tag that lets Amazon know that there is only one item (single or multiple) in the box.
- The next step is to satisfy Amazon's new requirement (as of early 2016) to provide accurate box contents information on the packing slip. (Make sure that client setting FBA Inbound Shipment Use Unique Label Request is not enabled.)
- Select Manage Box Contents from the action menu. Press Go.
- Select a package.
- Enter the unit count for every SKU in each box. Add contents to all the boxes in the shipment. You can also import a file to upload contents.
- Save and repeat for all boxes in the shipment.
- Select next shipment and repeat.
- Depending on the box content selection that you selected at the beginning of the shipment (see section above "All products continue here") , press the action to either:
- Save and Upload to Amazon - Sends an API call to Amazon with box contents. For example, it tells Amazon that Box 1 contains item ABC x 20. The shipping label identifies the box with its box number.
- Save and Download Feed - Downloads a file to be uploaded on Seller Central.
- Save and Download 2D BarCode. The barcode sticker should be placed on the package. Read more about 2D Barcodes in the attached PDF.
- Wait a few minutes to allow Amazon to process the info before continuing in SellerCloud.
- Go back to Manage Shipping Boxes page.
- Select package from drop down.
- Select Shipping type - Small Package.
- Click on Box ID and add dimensions.
- From the Action menu - select Request Shipping Estimate.
- Select Get Shipping Estimate. Only UPS estimates are returned. FedEx estimates are not available though MWS.
- If you are satisfied with estimate, click Confirm Shipping Estimate. Otherwise click Void Estimate. (The Shipping Estimate process is broken up to allow Seller Central enough time to generate a valid label)
- Amazon will return a tracking number that will be automatically placed into the "Tracking Field" on the shipping box row.
- Select Print Shipping Labels from the action menu. A PDF will print Half label/Half packing slip.
- To void label, select Void Label on Action Menu. When voided, the tracking number will be deleted.
Marking the Shipment as Shipped in SellerCloud
- From the Shipment page select Ship Items.
- Select a Ship From Warehouse and an Interim Warehouse.
- Select shipments you want to ship.
- Press the Ship Items button at the bottom of the page. The shipped items will be moved from the Ship From warehouse into the selected Interim Warehouse.
- A service will automatically query the status of the shipment. When the items are received at the Amazon Fulfillment Center, the received inventory will be removed from the interim warehouse. The FBA shipment will be updated with the received qty.
- Inventory will be updated automatically in the SellerCloud FBA warehouse based on the FBA Manage Inventory report provided by Amazon.
Delete FBA Shipments from SellerCloud
You can delete FBA Shipments from Inventory > FBA inbound shipment by using the Delete action from the Action menu. Note that Shipments with Shipped status cannot be deleted.