SMTP, or Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, is the standard means with which to transmit emails over the Internet.
Most email providers, like Gmail, Yahoo, and Verizon, use SMTP to allow you to send emails from a source outside your account. This means that entering SMTP credentials will enable you to send outgoing emails from within SellerCloud.
- Enter the email address of the account from which you want the email to be sent.
- Enter the email account's username and password. In many cases, email address and username are the same.
- Click Test to send a test email to yourself using these credentials.
The SMTP server should be "smtp.gmail.com" and port should be "587." If you have problems with port "587," switch to port "25."
If all steps have been followed properly and "Allow less secure apps" is turned on, please contact SellerCloud Support. We may be able to access the email account from the server directly to set it as a recognized IP address.
- Type smtp.mail.yahoo.com into the SMTP Server field. Use smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com if you have a Yahoo Business Email account.
- Enter “465” as the port number for the server.
- Type your full Yahoo email address (email@example.com) into the User Name field.
- Type "smtp-mail.outlook.com" into the SMTP Server field. If you have any connection issues, try an alternative SMTP server - "smtp.office365.com."
- Check the option “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication."
- Use port 587 and check the option My Server requires SSL connection.
GoDaddy Outlook SMTP
- Type "smtpout.secureserver.net?" into the SMTP Server field.
- Check the option My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Use port 465 and check the option My Server requires SSL connection.
- Additional information is available here.
Multiple SMTP Profiles
The SMTP settings entered here are for the default email account through which emails will be sent.
However, you can have multiple SMTP email profiles configured in SellerCloud. This lets you use different email templates from different email accounts. It's important to emphasize that this refers to separate email accounts, not separate user accounts under one email account.
- Open Settings.
- Select SMTP Profiles.
- Click Add Profile.
- Add SMTP credentials for another email account, and save.
- On each email template, you can select any SMTP email account configured here. If nothing is selected, it will default to the SMTP account configured in the Company Email settings.