Shadow persistence defines which attributes are linked between a SKU and its shadow. You can link all types of properties including those related to channels.
You can define which product attributes transfer from the parent to the shadow.
- The Shadow Persistent settings are located under: Settings > Shadow Persistent Fields.
- Select a properties table.
- Locate the field within the table.
- Select to transfer the field when creating the shadow or when updating the parent. The last option mean that anytime that field is updated on the parent product, the field will update on the Shadow. Both field can be selected as well. Warning: Keep in mind that making changes here will reflect on existing shadow relations for your products.
- Client setting Enable Images to be shadow persistent will control copying images on to shadows.
Disconnecting Shadow Persistence
Shadows can be disconnected from their parent. This will remove the relation between
- Open the Parent SKU's Toolbox and select Shadows.
- Click on the checkbox to disconnect the shadow.