Applying Payment to Orders Overview
- Client setting Allow to enter payment date for Orders must be enabled.
- The payement date fileds is right under the payment amount field on the Receive Payments page.
- To receive a cash payment, click on the Action Menu and select Receive Payment. The default field is to accept Cash. Enter amount and click submit. You can select other types of manual payments by clicking on the Payments Type drop-down menu.
- Select Receive Payments. Select Receive Check.
- Change the payment date if applicable. See above client setting.
- Enter check number and click Submit.
- Select Receive Payments. Enter credit card information and click Submit. The charge will be processed. Read about configuring payment gateways to allow credit cards for website or manual orders here.
- CC Process - used to authorize and capture payment.
- Post Auth it to capture payment. This action should be used to capture, or process existing authorized payments.
- CC Auth This action is used to Authorize payments but not to capture.
- Read sub-page on how to submit a Paypal Invoice for local order. Website orders that are paid through PayPal will be recorded automatically with the PayPal transaction ID. Read about PayPal configuration for website orders here.
- Set to receive other payment types from the setting page. Open tool box and select Payment Types. Configure to allow desired payments.