FedEx SmartPost is a cost effective shipping service by FedEx that utilizes the US Postal services for final delivery.
- Connect your FedEx account through Webservices or ShipManager.
- Select the SmartPost Hub with which your account is associated (the hub to where your shipment will be initially processed).
- Set a SmartPost Endorsement type as preferred. Please note: For Standard Mail shipments, only one Ancillary Endorsement is permitted when delivery confirmation is requested: RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED or ADDRESS SERVICE REQUESTED. No other Endorsement type will be permitted.
- The SmartPost tracking number should be set to use the USPS tracking (FedEx Tab in ShipBridge). This number will be traceable on the FedEx website.
- Set up your printers to print SmartPost labels for their various shipping methods with the Label Printer Configuration.
Third Party SmartPost Shipper Accounts
Some channels require you to ship under their FedEx SmartPost account. This is different than 3rd party billing , in which case you are shipping under your account but billing to a third party account.
If this is required by the channel, set up separate webservice for the channel using the Per-Company Configuration. You will need to create a separate company under which you will ship those orders.