Calculating Shipping Rates in ShipBridge
In order to offer shippers an easy way to choose a shipping method for any given order, ShipBridge offers an integrated rate calculator. The rate calculator will retrieve rates from any carrier that you have configured on the Shipping Rate API page under your company settings in SellerCloud. Calculating shipping rates within ShipBridge gives you the ability to compare shipping rates of different shipping services at the time of shipping.
- A walk through on retrieving your UPS credentials can be found here.
- A walk through on retrieving your USPS credentials can be found here.
- A walk through on retrieving your FedEx credentials can be found here.
- Open the Menu and click Options.
- Open the Rates tab.
- Fill in your API credentials for each carrier that you ship with. For the US Postal service you only need to enter the USPS API User ID. API for USPS is not necessary when using an ELS account.
- If you are using Dazzle to manage postage, select USPS Web Services in the USPS Rate Provider drop down. If you have an ELS account, select Endicia Label Server. When Endica Label Server has been selected, your Endicia credentials will be pulled from the USPS tab and nothing needs to be entered into USPS API field.
- If these credentials have been configured in SellerCloud under the Shipping API tab, you can import them into ShipBridge with the Import from CWA Company Record button. You can also export to SellerCloud with the Export to CWA company Record button. That page can be found by navigating Settings > Company Settings > Select Company > Toolbox > Shipping API.
- Plugin - The plug in will pull the rates from the rate file given to you by the carrier. You can request the plug in from SellerCloud Support.
Rate Chart - See attached sample chart for formatting requirements and sheet names. Under Menu > Options > Rates. Add the rate chart as in image below.
Check this example file for uploading UPSMI (UPS Mail Innovation) Rates into ShipBridge. Keep the file name as it is.
Once your credentials have been configured you can calculate rates
- Select an order from the grid.
- Open the menu and click Rate Calculator or use the F6 hotkey. You can also right click on an order and select Calculate Rates from the context menu.
- A rate window will display with available services and their rates, including Endicia and ExpressOne postage rates, next to each other for comparison.
- The amount the customer paid for shipping will be referenced above the rate grid. The setting to enable this notification is located under the Shipping tab.
- The Accessory drop down enables you to see rates when adding Signature Required or Delivery Confirmation options. A column - Featured Rates - will display to show the additional cost for services selected.
- Select a package type to compare rates with different package types. For example, to compare USPS Priority rates for a Flat Rate Box with USPS Priority rates for an Envelope.
- Select service from the grid
- Click Select Service. The selected service and packaging type will populate in the order grid.
- Selecting a rate will update the order on the order detail page in SellerCloud with that shipping method selection after the order has been shipped in ShipBridge.