Inventory Value Reports Overview
Inventory Value reports provide detailed report on your inventory - available and physical - in any warehouse. They report on the value of your inventory, as well as product aging and unsold inventory. The reports detail the quantity on hand (QOH) for any given day.
Inventory Value does not include inventory in warehouses that are marked as a "Dropship" warehouse type.
Inventory value dashboard
The dashboard display shows several graphs. Use the date filter to select by preset date range or custom date range. The selection will affect all graphs except the Inventory Turnover.
- Current Inventory Value - Shows total inventory value for each day in the selected date range, available and reserved, sellable and unsellable warehouses
- Total Value - Shows Average Inventory Value for the selected date range (sum of values for each day/number of days)
- Reserved Qty Value - Shows Average value of reserved quantity (unshipped orders etc.)
- On Order Value - Shows actual value of item in unreceived PO (PO must be marked as approved)
- Top Products By Inventory Value - Shows products with the highest cost
- Inventory Turnover - Shows how many times inventory is sold and replaced over a period. Uses its own date range filter.
- Inventory Turnover = Cost of Goods Sold / Average Inventory. For example, if over 180 days COGS was 200,000 and Average Inventory is 20,000, then Inventory Turnover = 10. This means that inventory turned over 10 times in the past 180 days.
- Average Inventory is calculated by calculating each month's average inventory, adding these figures, and dividing by the number of months. This accounts for fluctuations in inventory.