SellerCloud uses a 'custom label' to relate the SellerCloud SKU to an eBay listing. It is basically the eBay equivalent of the Amazon MerchantSKU
. Whenever SellerCloud posts a listing to eBay, it will automatically put the product SKU in the custom label box. Similarly, when downloading eBay listings into SellerCloud, the custom label will be used for the SKU of the newly created product. Before importing your eBay listings into SellerCloud, you will first need to create custom labels on eBay.
Usually you can see view/edit your eBay custom labels from My eBay, but some new eBay accounts need to have that enabled before they can see it. To enable custom labels, click the "Customize" link on the top right corner of the active listings page and select the custom label column, as in the image below. If you do not have the option to customize, most probably you have not subscribed (free) to eBay Seller Manager. To enable: My account > Subscription > Subscribe to eBay Seller Manager.
Note: eBay has a character limit of 50 characters for the custom label.
Posting a variation listing, or n-matrix, onto eBay from SellerCloud will populate the custom label for each variation with the corresponding SKU. However, when downloading a variation listing from eBay into SellerCloud you will need to assign a custom label for each variation. Follow the directions below:
- On the Create Listing page expand the List multiple variations of your item.
- Click Create variations.
- Add variation details and click Continue.
- Add item specifics and click Continue.
- Click Add SKU for your item.
- Enter a Parent custom label and click ADD.
- eBay will generate a custom label for each variation, but you can edit those suggested labels manually
- Continue with photos etc...