In some business models, inventory is purchased through dedicated buyers/purchasers. SellerCloud tracks buyers at the product level, where a purchaser is assigned to each product. Reports can then be generated that show movement of products purchased by a specific buyer. All reports on the Reports tab can be filtered by buyer (as "Purchaser").
Buyers can also have a unique dashboard and manage inventory page that displays purchasing information.
Set Up Buyer
- Open Employees tab.
- Click Add New Employee (if not already added).
- Complete employee profile with appropriate roles, and Save.
- Open Preferences from the side menu.
- Select the employee's default settings.
- In the Manage Inventory View Mode dropdown, choose Purchasing. See how the page will now show purchasing-related columns.
- In the Homepage Type dropdown, choose Classic. (This allows the employee-buyer to see SellerCloud's Reports module; whereas, choosing Buyer will require the employee-buyer to have administrative rights to your SellerCloud.) See how the Homepage will now show recent POs by buyer and sales information.
- Click Save.
- On the product level, open Toolbox > Purchasing. On the Purchaser dropdown, choose the buyer's username and save. Only a user with the security role "Edit Purchaser" can change the buyer of a product.
Buyers can also be auto-assigned to a product from a purchase order: As a user adds a product to a purchase order, that user will automatically be saved as the Purchaser on the product's Purchasing page. To enable this feature, check Auto set purchaser when product added to Purchase Order in Client Settings.