Set Up Buyer
- Open Employees tab
- Press Add New Employee (if not already added).
- Complete employee profile with appropriate roles and save.
- Open Preferences from the side menu.
- On this page you can select defaults for the employee.
- From the Manage Inventory View Mode, select Purchasing. The page will display with columns related to purchasing. See attached screen shot of Manage Inventory page in Purchasing mode.
- From the Homepage Type dropdown, select Buyer. Homepage will display with recent POs by buyer, as well as sales info. See attached screen shot of Homepage in Buyer mode.
Assigning Buyer to Product
- On the product level, open Toolbox > Purchasing. On the Purchaser dropdown select the buyer's username and save. Only a user with the security role "Edit Purchaser" can change the buyer of a product.
- Update in bulk using column header Purchaser.
- Buyers can automatically be assigned to a product from a purchase order. This means that as a user adds a product to a purchase order, that user will automatically be saved as the Purchaser on the product's Purchasing page. Enable client setting - Auto set purchaser when product added to Purchase Order.