New Order Overview
- Open the Orders Tab and click Create New Order. The Order Page lets you enter all relevant information about the new order.
- If the order will be paid in a foreign currency, you can select the currency and enter a conversion rate. You must enable the Client Setting Enable manual currency conversion rates.
- Returning customers can be assigned to the order by clicking the green button next to the customer email address field. In addition, promo codes, and order numbers that may have been assigned by third party order management systems, can be entered here for easy reference.
- Products can be added to the order by clicking the Add Items next to the section header Order Items. This link will open a window where you can search and select inventory that you want to add to the order.
- Select a carrier and shipping method.
- If the shipping weight and price has been entered at the product detail page, click Calculate to enter it. Alternatively, you can skip this step (and the next) and the ship weight will be entered on the order automatically.
- Click Calculate next to shipping rates and select the shipping price from the shipping rates window. The carrier's Shipping API credentials must be configured on the Shipping API page to appear in the shipping rates window.
- After all relevant information is entered on this page, click the Refresh Totals link under the price breakdown before saving the order to the system (refreshing totals is not required; saving the order will recalculate the pricing before saving the order).
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page and the order will be accessible from the Manage Orders page. Any future modifications to the order can be made from the order page by selecting Edit Order from the Action Menu.
- You need to submit payment information to actually charge the customers, update the status, and allow the order to be shipped. Select Receive Payment from the Action Menu and submit. Learn more about receiving payment here.
- Orders that you are not charging the customer (zero dollar orders) should have a price entered and then discounted fully. Otherwise, the order will be marked as Unpaid and will not be allowed to ship.
Do not use the Create New Order function for orders that were placed via any of the channels with which your SellerCloud account is integrated. Doing this can result in shipping the same order twice.