Walmart Marketplace Account Onboarding and Integration
When you become approved to sell on Walmart Marketplace, you must complete the on-boarding process in a timely manner. The first step is to make sure your Walmart Marketplace Account is set up properly. To do that, you'll need to set up your personal profile, your company profile, options and financial settings. Use the Launch Checklist to complete the on-boarding and integration process.
Profile Set Up
- Log in to seller.walmart.com.
- Press the Launch Checklist icon to open the menu. Press Complete your Seller Profile.
- Complete the Seller Profile. Navigate using the tabs at the top of the page. A progress bar at the top right of the page will keep track of your profile readiness.
- Upon completion, mark the item as Complete.
Configure Admin Option
- Click on the Settings Icon to open the Settings Menu. Scroll down to Administrator Options and select User Management.
- Press Add User.
- Enter user info and assign a user role.
- Review the Closed Categories. If you would like to sell products in that category, press the Request Approval button.
- Press on the Financial Settings item in the settings menu to configure your bank info into which Walmart will deposit your earnings.
- You can also download a new W-9 form and upload, if necessary.
Verify your Penny Deposit
About 24 hours after you provide bank information, check your bank account for the deposit of a penny. It should appear as WM Marketplace Penny Test. If it's there, continue below. If you do not see the deposit within two business days, contact Walmart Marketplace Support.
- Press on Launch Checklist.
- Press on Verify Penny Deposit.
- After you confirm this deposit, mark Verify your Penny Deposit as Done on the Launch Checklist.
- Press on the Configure Tax item in the Launch Checklist menu.
- On the following page, click the name of the state(s) where you have nexus (sufficient physical presence to require collection of sales tax in the state). Some states may have sub-state level nexus for you to select.
- Mark the item as complete.
- Press on the Settings Icon.
- Select Consumer IDs & Secret Keys in the API section.
- Press the Create Consumer ID and Secret Key button.
- Go into SellerCloud.
- Copy and paste the ID and Key into the Walmart Settings page in SellerCloud.
- Enable setting Enable Test/Integration Mode.
- Verify the connection from the action menu. Please Note: It may take up to 24 hours after the keys are generated to be available for verification. If the verification fails, you may just need to wait before they can be verified.
- Complete a test environment by uploading items and completing order tests.
- Ready a product for Walmart Marketplace and post it. You need to post 100 products in a timely manner.
- Complete the orders testing as outlined here. The order processes required to complete the test - shipping, canceling and refunding - can all be done through SellerCloud. Read how to here.
- Upon completion, mark the Item and Order Testing as Done on the Launch Checklist.
Complete the Integration
- Verify that profile is 100% complete
- Verify that all items on Launch Checklist have been completed.
- Email Seller Center Support requesting permission to go live.
- Configure the Walmart Marketplace Shipping Method Mapping. Mark rush order services as necessary.
- Upon receiving permission, enable all relevant options on the Walmart Marketplace General Settings page - Inventory, Orders etc.
Learn how to add new products to your SellerCloud account via Walmart Marketplace here.