Walmart Dropship Vendor Integration Via API
SellerCloud connects to Walmart DSV via API to upload inventory, download orders, and upload tracking.
- In your Walmart DSV portal, press on the Settings Icon.
- Select Consumer IDs & Secret Keys in the API section.
- Press the Create Consumer ID and Secret Key button.
If you receive an error when trying to generate your keys in Walmart, please contact Walmart support to have your account enabled for API.
- Go into SellerCloud to Settings > company > Toolbox > Walmart > General Settings.
- Enable settings " Enable API Integration", "Walmart Enabled", and "Walmart Direct".
- Copy and paste the ID and Key into the Walmart Settings page in SellerCloud.
- In the Walmart DSV portal under Settings > Distribution Facilities, retrieve your Distribution ID.
- In SellerCloud, enter this under Warehouse ID(s). If there are multiple warehouses you can enter them separated by comma.
- Verify the connection from the action menu.
- Under Toolbox > Walmart > Shipping Method Mapping, be sure to set up all mapping to properly import orders with the correct shipping methods.
- Make sure all items have the correct price in the Walmart Initial Cost field on the Walmart Properties page. You can do this in bulk using column header WalmartPrice. If you want to use the item's Site Price as the Walmart Initial Cost, enable the column WalmartPriceUseDefault. This field will be pulled into the order as the item's price, as the price that Walmart sends is the amount they charge the customer, not the amount you will receive for the order. If this is not properly set up, your P&L will be incorrect.
Switching from EDI to API integration
While SellerCloud still supports existing EDI integrations with Walmart DSV, if you choose to migrate to the API integration, you will need to be very careful during this process. All orders will need to be fulfilled and tracking uploaded through
- Turn off order download for Walmart DSV under Settings > company > Toolbox > Walmart > General Settings.
- Have your Walmart DSV account enabled for API. (Do not yet change the credentials in SellerCloud)
- Fulfill all orders that are open.
- Once all tracking is uploaded to Walmart DSV, turn off Fulfillment Upload and Inventory Upload.
- Enable the "Enable API integration" to be able to fill in credentials. You should follow all steps above.