The "PreSell Quantity" feature enables you to sell inventory that has not yet been received. This option takes the unreceived inventory that has been ordered on a PO and adds it to the available inventory count included in the inventory feeds.
For example, product "ABC" zero available qty. It is added to a PO with an order qty of 100. With the presell option, the available inventory will be 100.
- As the inventory becomes received, the presell qty decreases.
- The inventory movement record will show as a presell qty with the related PO.
- The qty will not effect the physical qty of the product.
- Once the PO is received or presell is disabled- it should revert back to a normal calculation.
- Client setting - Enable PO Pre-sell quantity.
- On a PO there will be an option to enable presell.
- Enter the PreSell qty.
- Save the PO.