Vendor Central Shipping Workflow Package Configuration
In order to request routing for Vendor Central shipments, the packages must be configured with the pallet count (if any), carton count, carton contents, weights and dimensions.
To begin, click the Manage link on the shipment in the grid:
- Small Parcel Shipments:
- Click Add New Carton. To create multiple cartons at once, enter the number of cartons to add in the Cartons textbox and check Copy Dimensions if you want all the new cartons to have the same dimensions.
- Click Manage Items on the carton to define the box contents. The carton number will appear the top of the page. Set the qty for each item in this box, as well as the expiration date, if applicable, and click Save. You must do this for each carton, until all items in the shipment have been fully assigned. You can switch between cartons on the current shipment from within the Manage Items page by using the Select Carton dropdown menu.Vendor Central does not allow different units of the same SKU in the same carton to have different expiration dates:
a. If units of the same SKU have different expiration dates, they must be shipped in different cartons.
b. If units of different SKUs have different expiration dates, they can be shipped in the same carton.
- Return to the list of cartons and set the weights and dimensions of each one. If the items in the carton have a shipping weight set in SellerCloud, the carton weight will be calculated automatically, though you would still want to double-check that it is correct. Be sure to click Update Carton(s) after setting all the weights and dimensions.
- LTL Shipments:
- Click Add New Pallets. To create multiple pallets at once, enter the number of pallets to add in the Pallets textbox and check Copy Dimensions if you want all the new pallets to have the same dimensions.
- Follow the same steps as for small parcel shipments to add cartons to each pallet and then to set up box content for each pallet.
- After assigning all items to cartons, go back to each carton and pallet and check to make sure the weights are accurate.
- For LTL shipments with loose cartons but no pallets, you can choose Add Cartons Without Pallets instead of Add New Pallets. You will be directed to the Manage Cartons page without having to add any pallets. Each LTL shipment can have either pallets or loose cartons, but not both.
Bulk upload configuration
On the right side of the pallet grid for LTL shipments, or the carton grid for small parcel shipments, there is a Bulk Import box.
You can download a sample file (or create your own), add the pallet and/or carton configuration for each item in the shipment, and then import it.
- The pallet numbers and box numbers must be numerical.
- If weights are not supplied in the file, the shipping weights set in SellerCloud will be used.
- If there are multiple lines for a single carton, the weights and dimensions from the last line will be used.