Wholesale customers are invoiced periodically for orders placed in a given time period. Often, the customer will pay by check. Sometime the balance will be payed in full, while other times it will only be a partial payment. However, you do not need to manually apply payment to individual orders. Rather, you can apply the check payment to multiple orders. The payment will be applied to the oldest order first, with the balance applied to more recent orders in chronological order.
- Enable client setting Enable partial check payment on Orders in bulk.
- On the manage orders page, filter your order to the customer. For example, in the advanced search tab filter with "Username/email" and payment status "Partial or No Payment." Select the order date range and press search.
- Select the orders.
- Open the action menu and select Apply Check Payment.Press GO.
- On the following page, edit the Total Amount field to the amount on the check.
- Enter a check number.
- Press Submit.
- The check payment will be applied to the orders - older orders first. The payment details will be recorded on each order.