- Inventory > Product > Toolbox > Rebates.
- In the Rebate Amount field enter the rebate amount you are offering to the customer. The rebate will deduct from the current price and revise the sale price on all channels like a regular discount. The rebate will not change the site price in SellerCloud, however, so orders created manually will not reflect the rebate automatically. The rebate can be entered as a discount to the order.
- In the Deduct from Item Cost field enter the rebate amount the vendor is offering you. It could be a dollar value or percentage of the item cost.
- Start and End dates are required. It's important to note that the end date refers to the beginning of the specified end date at 12:00 AM, not at the conclusion of the end date at 11:59 PM. The date range will be applied to the rebate you are offering the customer, and to the rebate you are receiving from the vendor.
- Inventory > Import Product Info > Import Product Rebates.
- Download the sample template. The template includes column headers referencing all fields on the Rebates page. The next two rows define the column header and indicate the required columns. After entering the rebate information delete these two rows before saving the template.
- Select your rebate file and click Import Rebates to update the products.
Rebates can also be created through
SellerCloud's web services. If you have generating rebates through a software
application, you can use SellerCloud's API to import the rebates into
In order for the rebates to affect pricing, as well as Profit and Loss calculations, you need to make sure that several client settings are enabled.Settings > Client Settings. The following settings are relevant to rebates.
- Enable Rebate based Discounts for Channels.
- Do not post rebates on Magento via Rebate Service.
- Apply Rebates of Parent to Shadows.
- Include Rebate in P&L for Orders - includes the vendor rebates in the profit and loss calculation on the order.
- Consider Item Cost Rebates for Wholesale Customers - Typically, rebates are issued for retail customers. If you want rebates to apply for wholesale orders, enable this client setting.
- Include Rebate from Kit Parent.
Rebates are included in the Transaction Reports:
- Transaction Details by Date Report.
- Profit By Product Details Report.