Creating a Channel Invoice
Creating a channel invoice is the second step in SellerCloud's Channel Invoice workflow. This feature lets you create a channel invoice based on the shipped orders for a date range in SellerCloud, so you can reconcile the channel's invoice against SellerCloud data and apply the channel's payment to that invoice.
Create a channel invoice
- Go to Customers > Channel Customers.
- Click the channel customer's Display Name > click Invoices > Create Channel Invoice.
- Complete the fields on the Channel Invoice page.
The table below defines each of these fields (red asterisk = required):
Defaults to the company you chose.
Defaults to the channel customer.
Choose a date for the invoice.
PO or Deal # associated with a channel invoice.
Enter an optional number to cross-reference this channel invoice with your own internal invoicing system.
Note: Leave this field blank to have it auto-populated, based on the setting Update Reference # with QuickBooks Invoice #, if you are using QuickBridge to post channel invoices to QuickBooks.
If the channel customer invoices you by product ID, you can create their invoice by item SKU.
To find an item, click SKU to open this Search box:
Start Date* and End Date*
Select the start and end dates for the ship-date range of the invoice's orders.
This defaults to the discount allowance set in the channel customer's General Information, but you can update it here per invoice, or add it here if you left that value blank when you created the channel customer.
Enter the amount ($) or percentage (%) the channel deducts from what they will pay you for each item.
Defaults to the freight allowance set in the channel customer's General Information, but you can update it here per invoice, or add it here if you left that value blank when you created the channel customer.
In either case, enter the percentage the channel deducts for shipping.
Defaults to the channel customer's General Information setting, but you can update it here per invoice.
Deselect or select the box. Selecting it will show a Shipping Total line on the channel invoice, which represents the total shipping amounts from the orders in the invoice.
Note: This setting does not apply to Groupon.
- Click Create Job.A job is scheduled to create an invoice from all orders that shipped during your chosen date range.Click the Job # to monitor the queued job and from there you can click the completed job's Invoice # to jump to the new invoice. Show me where.
- To see invoices, click the channel customer's Invoices page to see the new invoice created.
The auto-created number for the channel invoice.
PO or Deal # associated with a channel invoice.
Note: You will find these numbers referenced in the Channel Order # (2) field in orders.
The optional number that cross-references this channel invoice with your own internal invoicing system.
Name of the channel customer.
Date you entered for the invoice.
Status of the invoice's export to QuickBooks (Yes/No).
*Only appears if Enable QuickBooks Workflow is selected in the Client Settings.
- Click an Invoice ID to open its detailed grid, as described below.
About the channel invoice grid
The invoice grid shows one line for every order item.
You can perform the following on this page:
- Click Expand to see each order's details, as described in the table below.
- Click each Order # to open each order. Once there, you can jump back to this invoice by hovering and clicking the Invoiced status' Invoice ID number. Note: This convenient feature requires this order status display setting.
- Select one or all SKUs and from the Action Menu, choose:
- Delete (this order item from invoice)
- Export to Excel
- Export a Proof of Delivery as Excel file with tracking numbers for each item in each selected order (not selecting any orders will export ALL orders)
- Mark QuickBooks Exported/UnExported the selected orders (if the Client Setting Enable QuickBooks WorkFlow is set to true)
The table below describes each of the columns, starting with the collapsed view and followed by the expanded view:
For this invoice only, the identification number for the SKU.
Product SKU from SellerCloud.
SKU used by the channel. This can be the same as the SKU from SellerCloud.
Populated if the SKU is a shadow.
Product Reference Number
Unique reference number from the channel.
Total quantity of items sold.
Gross price that the channel paid the seller for the unit.
Net Unit Price
Calculation: (Freight Allowance + Discount Allowance) * Qty
Calculation: Net Unit Price * Qty
Calculation: SUM(Net Total).
Calculation: SubTotal + Shipping Total
Note: If the Include Shipping setting is not selected during invoice creation, Sub Total will be the same as Grand Total.
Amount of the channel payment that has been applied to this invoice.
Amount that is still open for this invoice.
Calculation: Grand Total - Paid Total.
Unique order identification number in SellerCloud.
Order Item #
SellerCloud's unique identification number for each item. This number originates from the order.
Channel Order #
Unique order number from the channel.
Fulfillment Line Item ID
Unique reference number for each item ID, primarily for Groupon.
Total quantity units of this SKU.
Sum total for an item on the order. This number represents a part of the Net Total.