SellerCloud can be setup to host images of your products and also to send those images to websites while publishing your catalog as needed. For example, if you upload an image into SellerCloud for product X, it will automatically be used when publishing product X to eBay, Sears and Magento.
There are a few different types of product images that a product image can be classified as:
These images can be brought into SellerCloud in a few different ways:
From the product detail page, you can browse to the product specific ImageManager and upload images to the product. Upload a product into the Image Manager panel by clicking the “View All” button in the panel. In the Image Manager, upload file and complete fields as desired.
Import Images with File Upload
There are 2 ways to import images with a file:
- Using the Bulk Update Products Tool
- Using the Import Product Images page under Inventory > Import Product Info. Download the template. Enter URL into the ImageID column. Use other columns to set image placement.
To prevent overwriting existing images that have the same product image URL on the file but are actually two different images (meaning, the image was replaced at the source, but you want to keep the old image on the product) enable the client setting Do not overwrite existing image in bulk upload.
- Sample image URL - https://www.sellercloud.com/assets/images/sellercloud_logo-home.gif
- The image path must be accessible to public view for SellerCloud to "pull' the image from the image path. A local PC or Network is typically closed to the public, so their image path should not be used. You can use an image-hosting solution, like Dropbox, to store and organize your images. Then copy the image URL from Dropbox.
- Sample Image URL from Dropbox, when 'public folder' is enabled on the Dropbox account: - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/<user id>/imagename.jpg
- Copy and paste the image path into your browser. If an image displays, the image path is acceptable.
Delete Images in Bulk
- Use the Import Product Images template.
- Populate the template.
- Under the _Action_ column enter the value DELETE.
- Save file and import.