Product Images Overview
See how easy it is to to upload and manage product images in SellerCloud's Delta interface!
SellerCloud can be set up to host images of your products, and send those images to websites while publishing your catalog as needed.
For example, if you upload an image into SellerCloud for product X, it will automatically be used when publishing product X to eBay, Sears, and Magento.
Product images can be classified as:
These images can be brought into SellerCloud in several ways:
Using the Image Manager
From the product detail page, you can browse to the product-specific Image Manager and upload images to the product. Upload a product into the Image Manager panel by clicking “View All” in the panel. In the Image Manager, upload the image file and complete the fields as desired.
This lets you drag and drop images using SellerCloud's own desktop tool, ImageBridge.
Importing images with a file upload
There are two ways to import images with a file:
- Use the Bulk Update Products tool; OR
- Use the function under Inventory > Import Product Info > Import Product Images Info.
- Download the template, enter the URL into the FileName column, and use the other columns to set the image placement.
- Sample image URL - The image path must be accessible to public view for SellerCloud to "pull' the image from the image path. A local PC or network is typically not public, so do not use those image paths. You can use an image-hosting solution such as Dropbox to store and organize your images, and then copy the image URL from Dropbox.
- Sample image URL from Dropbox, when 'public folder' is enabled on the Dropbox account: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/<user id>/imagename.jpg
- Copy and paste the image path into your browser. If an image appears, the image path is acceptable.
Pulling image URL via the SellerCloud API
You can pull the main image URL using the SellerCloud API service GetAbbreviatedProductInfo. More information can be found on our API documentation.
Deleting images in bulk
You may want to delete product images. This is easy to do in bulk as follows:
- Open the Manage Inventory page and select all desired items to delete images.
- Click Action Menu > Export Product Images > Go. An image export job will be scheduled; click the queued job # to open the Job Details.
- When the job is done, click the output file to open the populated template. This contains all the necessary product information.
- Add a new column at far right called _ACTION_ and enter DELETE in all rows under the new _ACTION_ column.
- Delete the ImageSize column to make the file match the file format for importing.
- Save the file.
- Go to Inventory > Import Product Info > Import Product Images Info.
- Choose your saved file and click Import Product Images.