Post Detailed Purchase Orders to QuickBooks
Posting purchase orders in detail will post all PO information including new items, qty, vendor info and costs. Credit memos for POs will also export to QuickBooks in this module.
Posting purchase orders to Quickbooks
- Ensure that QuickBooks is open and running on the same computer as QuickBridge.
- Select QuickBooks from the menu bar.
- Select Post Detailed Purchase Orders to QuickBooks.
- Select the appropriate dates and click the Get Purchase Orders button. The grid will populate with purchase orders that have not yet been exported to QuickBooks.
- The PO Type column will specify the line item's type - PO or Credit Memo.
- Click Post Purchases to QuickBooks and await the pop-up confirmation.
- In QuickBridge - POs will be removed from the grid
- In SellerCloud - POs will show as Exported in SellerCloud. Show me where.
Purchase order data in QuickBooks
- Vendors - New vendor accounts are created as POs are exported. Existing accounts are updated.
- Products and inventory - New products and their inventory quantities are entered into Items and Services. Existing products are updated.
- Account balance - Vendors accounts are updated to reflect outstanding balances. POs are created as a bill to be paid.
Editing an exported PO
You can easily edit any PO that was already exported by first changing its status to Unexported, and then updating it. Here's how:
- Click Inventory > Purchasing.
- Enter the PO in the PO # field > Search.
- Select the PO > click Action Menu > Set QB UnExported > Go.
- Edit the PO as needed.
- When done, you have 2 choices:
- Export the PO to QuickBooks again, but first ensure the original PO has been deleted to avoid duplicates
- Edit the PO manually in QuickBooks, and then mark the SellerCloud PO as exported by selecting it as above > click Action Menu > Set QBExport > Go