New matrixes can be created in bulk through a file import. Likewise you can add products to an existing matrix with the same file import.
Import New Matrix Configuration
- Navigate Inventory > Import Product Info > Import Product N-Matrix.
- Select a file type and download the template.
- On the first column - ParentProductID - enter the Matrix Parent SKU. You will need to enter the parent SKU in every row that has a matrix child of that parent. Please note: the Matrix Parent must exist in your SellerCloud catalog before importing.
- In the 2nd column - ProductID - enter the product ID of of the variation product. If the Product ID matches an existing SKU in you catalog, that sku will be configured as a matrix child. If the SKU does not exist, the import will create it and configure it as a matrix child.
- In the remaining columns enter the values of the dimensions associated with that variation. In the image below there are two dimensions - Color and Size. On the product rows are entered Red, Green, Small, Large respectively.
- If you have more dimensions for this n-matrix, add more columns with that dimension name as the header. If dimensions or values entered do not exist in SellerCloud, they will be created with this file import.
- Save the file.
- Return to the Import Product N-Matrix page, browse for and select the file.
- Click Import Products Info.
- The import will be entered into the job queue to create the n-matrix configuration.
Add Products to Existing Matrix
The easiest workflow to add products to an existing matrix is to first export the existing matrix and import with the updated products.
- Navigate Manage Inventory page and search for the Matrix.
- Select the Matrix Parent, open Action Menu and select Export N Matrix. Press Go.
- Add the products to the file as instructed above. Save the file.
- Navigate Inventory > Import Product Info > Import N Matrix. (No need to check off any of the two checkboxes).
- Choose the file and import.
Products can be added on the interface as well on the Matrix properties page. Check the "Show All" checkbox to reveal all available options. You could add more dimensions and values there as well.