Create Purchase Order Overview
- Under the Inventory tab, click Purchasing.
- Press the New Purchase Order link.
- Select company
- Enter description of purchase order (Not Required)
- Select a PO type.
- Select a vendor. The vendor is company based unless you share vendors across companies.
- Add note (Not Required)
- Click Save.
- The PO will then be created and open to the PO page.
- You can select a Receiving Warehouse from the dropdown. If a warehouse has been selected on the vendor's profile, it will default to that warehouse.
- Enter an address. If a warehouse has been selected on the vendor's profile, it will default to address of that warehouse. Alternatively, select one from the Address drop-down. To add an address to the drop-down, click the Manage Address Book button. You can set an address entry to be the default address for a PO. However, a warehouse set on the vendor profile will override the default address for PO.
- After you send the PO to the vendor, the vendor will typically send back their own invoice. You can enter the invoice number on the PO for reference and also upload the actual invoice to the PO. Multiple invoices can also be uploaded to a single PO.
- Enable client setting Enable Multiple invoices for purchase orders.
- Select Manage Invoices from the Action Menu. Press GO.
- On the following screen enter an invoice number and upload the invoice and save it to the grid.
- Add an Expected Delivery date and Cancel By Date, if preferred. These are for reference only, and will not affect the statues of the PO. The "Cancel By Date" will print out on the PO PDF if there is date entered.
- Add a memo to send a note to the vendor. The Memo note will print on the PO PDF .
- Add shipping instructions (optional) to print on PO PDF.
- Press the Add Products button.
- Search for the items in the Search window.
- Add order quantities. Quantities and be added/modified after adding to PO as well.
- When more than 50 SKUs are in the PO, the Qty field will be closed. Press Edit next to each SKU to edit or use the Upload Items (above product grid) to import a file. Be sure to check the "Overwrite existing items" option on the upload window.
- If the qty added is greater than the product "ReOrder Qty" (and ReOrder Qty > 0) the item row will highlight in yellow green to alert user of possible mistake.
- With the file upload, you can use either the ProductID or the Vendor SKU field as the product identifier.
- Item line discount - A single discount applied to individual item on the PO. Each item can have a separate discount value. Discounts are calculated per unit.
- Fixed Total Discount - A fixed discount value added to a PO. For example, $1000 off an entire PO.
- Multi-Header Discount - A single discount value that is applied to the all items in the purchase order. For example, if the discount is $2 dollars, then $2 will be deducted from every item in the PO. Multiple Header Discounts can be added.
- Multi-Item Line Discounts - Discounts applied at the item level on the PO. (Item line discounts need to be added this way when Multi-Discounts are enabled)
- Vendor Qty Discount - Discounts based on the qty of items ordered.
- Read about no-cost items here.
Receive PO without updating inventory
Sometimes you may want to receive a PO without updating the inventory on the SKUs. In order to do this enable the client setting Allow to ignore inventory in purchase order. When enabled you can select Disable Inventory Count from the Action menu on the PO.
- Update shipping - to indicate PO has been sent.
- Update Payment - to close balance. The PO will not export to QuickBridge with an open balance.
Import purchase orders in bulk by downloading a template on the Purchasing Page. Click Import PO and download file. Enter information and upload.