Add Kits to PO
- Splitting up the components into individual items on the PO - With this option, you can add the kit parent to the PO. After saving the kit parent, the components will display in the grid.
- On the PO, check the box Auto Break Up Kit and save the PO. This can be checked by default by enabling client setting Breakup kit components when adding Kit Parent to PO.
- Please Note: Independent Kits need client setting Breakup independent kit when adding Kit Parent to PO to be enabled in addition to the Auto Break Up Kit option.
Additionally, if the vendor sells the product as a kit, you can sell the components of the kit as individual products within SellerCloud. By creating the individual components as separate products within SellerCloud, the inventory of the components will update when the kit is received. This can be accomplished by calculating the components quantity in the kit.
- Calculating the components' quantity in the kit - With this option, you can add the kit parent to the PO. It will save to the PO as the parent SKU. However, when receiving the the PO the inventory quantity of the components will update.
- Make sure checkbox Auto Break Up Kit is not selected. Default to Unchecked by disabling client setting Breakup kit components when adding Kit Parent to PO.
- Click Add Items on the PO.
- Search for the parent and select it.
- Add an order qty.
- Press the Add to PO button.
- After completing adding products, press Close Window.
- When receiving the PO a job will be created to calculate the inventory of the components. For example, if you ordered 5 of the parent which is a 4 pack, then the child component will receive a quantity of 20. This process will work for single products with multiple quantities in a kit and for multiple products in the kit.
To order the product by the case, but sell it individually only, read Case Qty on PO.
Kit Cost when ordering item as a Kit
- If you are ordering the item as kit and you would like the kit components cost to be updated accordingly, the only way in SellerCloud is to order the item as an independent kit and then dis-assemble the кit quantity. This will split the kit cost to the components evenly.
- If you would like to split the cost with a different ratio, this can be set on the kit before dis-assembling it. Go to the kit's product page Toolbox > Kit Properties and click on Edit Cost Ratio. Set the cost ratio in percentages per component.